“You get what you pay for.”
Review of Sweet's Inn Motel

and 1 more site!
Sweet's Inn Motel
Ranked #138 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is the old motel area of New Orleans. A lot of it has been cleaned up, but the Ladies of the Evening are still strolling down Tulane Avenue. When the new bio-medical center is in operation, all of these 4th class motels will be gone. Until then do not stay on Tulane Avenue

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Charles1716
vimesh p, General Manager at Sweet's Inn Motel, responded to this review, 20 April 2015
I am sincerely sorry to hear you had bad experience at our motel. The motel was under different management/owner during the years 2013 and 2014. We have taken necessary step to address the issue that many previous guest have mentioned. The new owner/manager have implemented new rules and regulation so that future enjoy their stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Lorenzo, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

When we got there at 10 pm the manager said the shower and tub would leak downstairs if we used them and suggested we use the bath downstairs. We went in the room and found the largest cockroach I've ever seen; pillows torn, sheets paper thin so we left for another motel. Later found out she didn't return our Credit Card and when we went back the next morning she lied and said she didn't have it. She denied copying it even tho my brother filled out his name on the paper. She said if I signed the CC receipt she would give it back even tho it wasn't my card. I told her the police were on the way. A man that was there when we checked in later drove up and a minute later he knocked on our car window and gave my brother's Credit Card to him. DISGUSTING! Where is the ZERO in the ratings?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank shaede

Travellers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Platte City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you are just looking for a place just to sleep after being on the road forever and you don't want to sleep in your car then this place is great. Other than that I would not recommend this place. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. However, the rest wasn't so good. Went to take a shower and the hot water handle fell off. I got that back on and then when my shower was over, I went to turn off the hot water and got burned by the boiling hot water handle. This was not good! The staff was friendly but the motel is in disrepair.
Again, If you are just looking for a place to sleep for the day/night then this will work.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kristi C
Hinesville, Ga
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This room was absolutely awful! We got into town late at night and had no idea how awful it would be. We really should have left. We stayed one night and left first thing in the morning. The room was so dirty that I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet. I didn't even take a shower there. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Surelyn
Boston
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I canceled my reservation before ever laying eyes on the place. My credit card number was stolen and used to buy something in Arkansas about a week after making my reservation. And then I looked at the place on Google Street View. That and the other reviews sealed the deal for me. Look for yourself.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Phormio
Vernon
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I and a friend booked this motel through Booking.com as we were attending Super Bowl. We arrived to find out it was not as described in Booking.com. It was damaged with the hurricane a number of years ago and is still in bad shape and is inhabitable. There was black mould in our room and was totally unhealthy place. We booked online for three days without a refund. The room cost us over $1300.00 we ended up having to stay on a chair in a friends room at another hotel. The motel was so bad that the taxi drivers would not take us to it. We were advised by the taxi drivers that the place was a drug house as well a place where you rent by the hour.....we are attempting to get our money back or a portion of it from Booking.com. We will see how reputable Booking.com is as they advertise as the number one booking agency in the U.S for all types of vacations.

This building should be CONDEMNED!!!!!!!!!! City of New Orleans should be ashamed to issue a licence to this building. It is very unsafe.

Room Tip: DO not stay here, health hazard.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Papahoward
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I went thru Booking.COM to schedule a room in New Orleans for the Super Bowl. Like many other big events there are always those people that are looking for the quick buck. Well Sweet's Inn Motel was one of them. The hotel is not functional, as the plumbing is still not working form the Hurricane that hit months ago. What they do, charge you an exorbent rate, then when you get there, tell you they are having issues with plumbing. Then they send you to a slums area of New Orleans and put us up in a Hotel that had no Hot water, no Toilet paper, and one bed was broken. In addition, the Manager at Sweet's Inn yeld at us when we told them we would not be paying $510 for the room. Interesting enough, Booking.COM after reviewing supported our position.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Mid-City
Site 61 Hostel
Site 61 Hostel
#10 of 35 in New Orleans

Been to Sweet's Inn Motel? Share your experiences!