“Great food clean restaurant.”

Pier 424 Seafood Market
Ranked #143 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Pier 424 is a unique Bourbon Street destination offering a wide selection of fresh, local seafood prepared daily in a market-style setting. Select from all the freshest fare-oysters, lobsters, boiled seafood and fresh fish-served in traditional dishes. Features include one of the largest oyster bars in the city and covered balcony for dining and enjoying the city’s world famous people watching.
Beaumont, Texas
“Great food clean restaurant.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Ate at this restaurant on our last day. Great food great service. Nice sized portions. I would definitely eat here again. We ordered the salads they were nice sized and awesome. We also ordered a steak and fried shrimp platter. There were four of us. We had enough to split with our two teenage daughters. The bathrooms were really clean also. I would revisit this place again!!!

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
“Food great!! Service not so much.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Watch out for gratuity added. It seems that when the servers know they're getting a tip regardless of service, you don't get great service. We couldn't get our drinks refilled and service was very slow. Food was very good but the poor service will keep us from going back.

Tampa, Florida
“Yummy”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We sat at the bar while waiting for a table on the outside balcony. We had a couple of cold cocktails and a couple dozen oysters, which were some of the best I've had. The bartender was great.

We went to our table and had a great view of Bourbon Street and the crowds below. A tip, get there early because we got there around 9:15 p.m. and they were out of a lot of thier fresh caught items like blue carp, shrimp, crab legs etc. My friend and I ordered the crawfish boils, my wife got the mussels boil and my friend's wife got the almond catfish. The crawfish were very very Cajun spicy hot which I loved; but my friend could only eat one of his; just to hot. Lucky me, I finished his once we realized the waitress wasn't to concerned about it and offered no remedy. He only ordered them because there were no crab legs. The waitress wasn't to good; I think she came back once to check on us and refill our drinks. I think she just wanted us to hurry up and eat because they were closing.

But I have to say we had a really good time because my wife and I loved the food, we all loved the bar and we all loved the location and view. If you want real fresh authentic seafood dishes and a great Bourbon Street atmosphere you need to try Pier 424 Seafood Market.

North Carolina
“Not a Good Dinner Night”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I visited Pier 424 last evening. I friend and ate here and it was not very good to me. I had the fish seafood platter. Everything was fried hard and did not fast fresh. The hush puppies were hard as a rock and the calamari was definitely not appealing to my palate. For the price and everything it definitely was not worth the money. My friend had the cajun seafood pasta. It did not look appealing to me, but she said it was ok. She left a lot on her plate as well. I think because we both just met and we were keeping each other company, neither one of us wanted to be honest and tell the waitress that the food sucked. The waitress really tried to get us to eat the rest of the food, but we just played along and said that we were full.

I definitely do not recommend this place. It just wasn't good and fresh.

The waitress was nice and kept checking on us.

• Visited June 2014
Enterprise, Alabama
“Awesome”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped by on a Tuesday a little after lunch. We sat at the bar. The atmosphere was casual and low-key, but the food was upscale. We had a dozen oysters, sweet and spicy shrimp skewers, and the blackened ahi tuna. Everything we ate was amazing. Our bartender, Garrett, was very helpful with drink selections. We wanted to try local brews, and his suggestions were very helpful. He even convinced my husband to go out of his comfort zone, to try sweet tea and a local rum. My husband loved it! It was a little on the expensive side, but it was worth it. We'd definitely go back again!