“Food was good and waitress was friendly, but splitting the bill took forever!”

Pier 424 Seafood Market
Ranked #124 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Pier 424 is a unique Bourbon Street destination offering a wide selection of fresh, local seafood prepared daily in a market-style setting. Select from all the freshest fare-oysters, lobsters, boiled seafood and fresh fish-served in traditional dishes. Features include one of the largest oyster bars in the city and covered balcony for dining and enjoying the city’s world famous people watching.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great shrimp and grits! The grits were in a patty form and deep fried the shrimp were tasty and the sauce was good. My daughter, not a seafood person, had the hamburger and ate every bite. We tried the crab claws for an appetizer and the were different. They were marinated and unique, not your typical crab claws. We ate pretty late and did not have trouble getting a table inside, but wish we could have sat upstairs. the waitress was nice, friendly and helpful, until we asked to split the bill. We had 10 people and needed to split it 3 ways. didn't seem too hard. Anyway, it took her 3 times to get it right. I have learned that next time I'm in New Orleans, i am brining lots of cash and keeping track of my amount on my phone, because most places won't split the bills and if they do it takes forever and it is usually wrong. Even with this issue, I would be back for the shrimp and grits and to sit on the upstairs patio!

1  Thank LakelandLady87
There are newer reviews for Pier 424 Seafood Market

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Being in town for Essencefest and being first-timers to New Orleans we went in search of somewhere to eat in the French Quarter. We chose this restaurant as it didn't have that sleazy look characteristic of other eateries on Bourbon Street.
We were seated quickly...our waitress was pretty friendly. On perusal of the menu my husband and I chose the turtle soup, the Creole seafoodpasta and the trio platter. First off, we loved the turtle soup! We had only one issue with it and that was we wished it had been hot to taste (it was warm almost cold). We also enjoyed the Creole seafood pasta (I kept going into my husband's plate) and the trio platter.

All in all we were impressed and chose to revisit them 2 days later.

For this sitting we took a while to be seated (it was the eve of Essencefest). The restaurant was full but our waitress attended to us very promptly. We again went with the turtle soup .....yummy... and this time it was hot :-) We also tried the fried Alligator and the Lobster and I had the Creole seafood pasta. Yes the food is good!

Good food yes...pricey yes! For the both of us we ran up a $50+ bill. The gratuity is also standard (I was not impressed by this). The service is ok, suitable not exceptional.

Would we go again after having been twice...yes!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Food was good but was a little slow but service was fine. Prices are consistent with the area. Pretty busy and loud but entertaining. I would recommend

1  Thank freemac03
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ate at this restaurant on our last day. Great food great service. Nice sized portions. I would definitely eat here again. We ordered the salads they were nice sized and awesome. We also ordered a steak and fried shrimp platter. There were four of us. We had enough to split with our two teenage daughters. The bathrooms were really clean also. I would revisit this place again!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Watch out for gratuity added. It seems that when the servers know they're getting a tip regardless of service, you don't get great service. We couldn't get our drinks refilled and service was very slow. Food was very good but the poor service will keep us from going back.