“great food great service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: At Daisy Dukes Restaurant in New Orleans, we don't do it fancy. Instead, we emphasize on creating a true southern atmosphere and providing the best cajun dining experience you can find in New Orleans. We have found great success in always serving great food, for a great price all with great service.
Jersey City, New Jersey
“great food great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

visited this charming little diner in New Orleans several times during my stay. My hotel was across the street and the concierge told me they had the best food in town.certainly a lot to live up to in a city full of good food.my first visit to Daisy Dukes what's for dinner our server Gabriel was pleasant and charming and had excellent choices for us and suggestions for the menu. He recommended the Dukes sweet tea a refreshing beverage with sweet tea vodka and lemonade. yummy.my appetizers were the fried green tomatoes and they were the best I've ever had. And for An entre I had the gumbo. When I tell you this is the most delicious stuff I've ever had I'm not exaggerating.towards the end of my meal Gabriel suggested we try the homemade dessert, lemon pie,I've never had Its equal.when the bill arrived I was surprised how little I actually spent on this incredible meal. The next morning I had an early start and decided to visit them again. To my delight Gabriel was still there from the night before.this time he suggested the seafood omelette, I've never had eggs and seafood before, but I have to say this was the best on omelette I've ever had.I also learned that I am NOT a fan of grits.my overall experience was amazing and I recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank drcasanova
rmk1971, Manager at Daisy Dukes, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank You For Your Business and Your Review!

Our cuisine ain't fancy, just good ole' southern cajun cuisine!

We are glad you enjoyed your restaurant experience at our Charters St. location and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

-Daisy Dukes Restaurant

IL
“Mediocre at best...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

In search of a place to have a good burger this place was recommended. We were greeted with a you'll have to wait til we seat you by a rather gruff staff member. When another staff member tried to seat us in a section the other one who greeted us abruptly told here "16 is open" - HER section. Ordered a burger, the bun had been grilled on both sides but was so hard and dry you couldn't even cut it with a knife. Our server came back once...she was too busy taking care of the four guys at the table next to us she apparently forgot she had other customers in her section (she didn't take care of anyone else in her section while we were there). Going back or recommending - no. Too many other choices in the city of New Orleans.

Visited July 2014
rmk1971, Public Relations Manager at Daisy Dukes, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank You For Your Business and Your Review!

We appreciate your criticism as we take it constructively, in order to strive for service excellence!

Hope to see you back soon!
Toronto, Canada
“Great food , slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very nice place. Their food is really good and plenty of it.
Crawfish was very nice,
The only thing that we found was that the service was a little slow, but if you are going for the great food you will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2014
Sorry for the negative service experience. We appreciate your criticism and will continue to strive for service excellence!
Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Highly recommend! Open 24 hours which is awesome cause most of the restaurants on Bourbon Street close by 11pm and Daisy Dukes is about 1.5 blocks away. Super friendly staff, delicious food!

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good, but small space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The food was good , however it was really overrated.
The restroom facility wasn't clean however they were super busy. The waitress was very nice .