“Excellent!”

American Photo Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: What happens when you combine a sightseeing tour with a photography class? American Photo Safari! Grab your camera, put on your walking shoes and join us for a fun and informative three hour photography workshop in New Orleans. Learn secrets for taking great photos from local, professional photographers. Perfect for beginners! Explore the historic French Quarter or the Garden District with an insider. No more boring snapshots!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The photo tour of the French Quarter was excellent and surpassed our expectations. In addition to being very knowledgeable about photography, Chris is a superb teacher and explained all concepts better than I have every experienced. (And I have taken photography classes in junior high, high school, and college, in addition to other "photo tours.") He was great at working with the various levels of experience and equipment of the participants. It was a very helpful and fun experience. I highly recommend this company.

Visited February 2014

Middletown, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Great learning and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We went on the Garden District tour on a Sunny morning. Perfect day for shooting with shadows. Our Guide Natasha was very patient and helped those of us who were very unfamiliar with the manual settings on our cameras. She was great at explaining the camera in simple terms- great for the novice photographers. She taught is about not only using our settings to enhance our pictures, but also composition of the subjects we were shooting. My friend came as a 'tag- along' with out a camera and she learned a few interesting things about photography too and enjoyed walking through the beautiful area. I would recommend this tour to anyone who would like a better understanding of their camera and would like to take some outstanding pictures!

Visited February 2014
Monroe, New Jersey
“American Safari Photo Tour in the French Quarter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was a very informative, pleasant tour. The guide was great. I would definitely attend another one.

Visited December 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the best tour I have taken.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Chris was great at helping me with my camera in addition to general photography concepts. His teaching style was engaging and he answered questions fully. We would have loved to take another tour with him if time allowed.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank LizaJ24
Puebla, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“French Quarder Workshop ! Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

A week ago I took the French Quarder Workshop !

I really enjoy the experience, Natasha guided the little group through the beautiful streets and corners at the French Quarder while explaining us photo tips and tricks.

This was my first visit to New Orleans and American Photo Safari workshops (I took also the Garden District) were the best decision for getting to know the city and practicing my hobbie.

Thank you for the organization, guidance and experience in general.

Visited January 2014