“Learning Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of American Photo Safari

American Photo Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: What happens when you combine a sightseeing tour with a photography class? American Photo Safari! Grab your camera, put on your walking shoes and join us for a fun and informative three hour photography workshop in New Orleans. Learn secrets for taking great photos from local, professional photographers. Perfect for beginners! Explore the historic French Quarter or the Garden District with an insider. No more boring snapshots!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Iowa City, Iowa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Learning Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was well worth my time as I learned how to take better photos, especially indoors. It doesn't matter what your level of expertise is, I feel that you would have some type of take away from it.

The only downside is that I thought we would be touring more of the French Quarter. We spent most of our time in Jackson Square and the cathedral. That and in our group, our guide seemed to focus mostly on 2 specific people in our group, leaving the rest of us out for the majority. All in all, it was worth my time and money and I enjoyed the experience.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great photography class and interesting tour. Saw things I've never noticed. Chris is very patient and knowledgeable. It was my girlfriends first time using her camera and she learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it.

2 Thank Tguidry2001
new orleans
“One of the Best Tours I've Ever Taken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

As a hotel concierge and native New Orleanian, I've taken almost every walking tour out there but this specific tour showed me things on streets I travel daily that I never noticed. Natasha was great! Not only did she teach me how to use my camera in about 10 minutes she taught us about architecture and history. You will also meet some great people in your tour, too. Do not hesitate to take this tour! Amy, The New Orleans Concierge

New Orleans, Louisiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“something fun and different to do in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a great way for a local to experience parts of the city that they have been through a hundred times but never stopped to really look at their surroundings. The class would be a great alternative activity for a party, etc. I learned a few things I didn't know about the quarter and also how to use some of the settings on my camera that I had never used. Kind of renewed my interest in photography.

Maui
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I took this tour - during days between Jazzfest and Chris was fantastic to change the time for Monday to afternoon from 9AM - if you have been to Jazzfest you know that 9AM is awfully tough to make. So that was fantastic. Then the tour was run by Natasha and we walked around the quarter and her eye really helped us look for things in the FQ differently. Also great help on camera settings and understanding some composition of shots on the walk. Highly recommend. She also gave us a few tips on camera shots to try at the fairgrounds during Jazzfest days.

Visited April 2014