“French Quarter Sunday Morning”

American Photo Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: What happens when you combine a sightseeing tour with a photography class? American Photo Safari! Grab your camera, put on your walking shoes and join us for a fun and informative three hour photography workshop in New Orleans. Learn secrets for taking great photos from local, professional photographers. Perfect for beginners! Explore the historic French Quarter or the Garden District with an insider. No more boring snapshots!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Grab your camera (any kind) with a mini-macro lens, good walking shoes, a bottle of water, and join professional photographer, Natasha, for a learning journey into the French Quarter. Natasha was both friendly and professional to our small group of 5 people. With her lead, we soon were laughing, joking, and working together like old friends. From novices to experts, Natasha guided all of us on tips for using our cameras better and capturing those perfect shots of numerous places in the French Quarter. She highlighted architectural details and explained how best to capture them in our photographs. She took us to iron doors with hidden gardens behind them, offering advice on how to frame the unique picture. We went into a bright courtyard with a flowing fountain to learn to work with different light settings and shutter speeds. We snapped all kinds of pictures along the streets--flowers, buildings, sculptures-- in the French Quarter. My friend and I learned a lot of great tips on using our cameras and capturing great shots, which will help us on our next photography adventure.

1  Thank DogRiverLady

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Being from Louisiana I've been to the French Quarter before and photographed it's beauty, but Natasha offered a different perspective that led to some of the best pictures I've taken! She was extremely knowledgable on the camera I was using (Canon Rebel) and patient with each of the individuals in the group. She offered different ideas for photography and how to photograph the architecture in the French Quarter. I will be back in the fall to take the black/white class. Can't wait to do this again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Natasha was the leader of the workshop on 6/22/14. It was a tiny group - only two 'students', but Natasha didn't act like we were a waste of her time like others might have. She was incredibly personable from the start and it quickly felt like I'd known her for much longer than the two hours we were together. She is knowledgeable and hands-on in her approach. She wasn't afraid to handle our cameras to get the correct settings. She shared her favorite places to shoot and explained why she liked the areas. She was also able to give us history information about the areas as well. I came home with great photos and a memorable experience. Keep up the great work, Natasha!

2  Thank Misty W
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I love to take pictures on our "sister trips" and always shoot them on the auto setting, just because I am not knowledgeable of the many other shooting modes. Natasha, our "teacher", was just what I needed to help me break away from my "automatic" mode. The workshop along with the French Quarter route she took us on to do hands on photos was so COOL! We also learned composing and framing our subjects which makes photos much more interesting! Practicing what I learned about aperture and shutter speed so I'll be ready for next sister's trip!

2  Thank Mary A
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a awesome photo shoot in the French Quarter Natasha was our tour guide and she spent a great deal of time helping us get the most out of our camera and about taking photos. Walking through the Quarter gave up lots of opportunities to shoot different things. I would highly recommend if you ❤️❤️❤️Taking pictures. We had a great time and will be back in the fall!

1  Thank TEetie