“Amazing bar - best in New Orleans”
Review of Bar Tonique

Bar Tonique
Ranked #375 of 1,948 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing bar - best in New Orleans”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stumbled across this place on our first evening in New Orleans and thank god!

We had headed out earlier in the evening to check out Bourbon Street but within a couple of hours we were over the hustle, bustle and tackiness of the strip.

Tonique was cool - dark and mysterious, with no traditional drinks (Jack Daniels etc) and the bar staff were so helpful - tell them what you normally like to drink and they make up a cocktail for you then and there. Delicious.

We went back to this bar a few times during our stay and was some of the best fun of our whole trip. Definitely recommended.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank b00k0

Oklahoma City, OK USA
“Terrific Bar”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This bar is great. The bartenders there are outstanding. They make artisan cocktails without the artisan price. My wife and I had so much fun there on Friday that we returned on Sunday. There are many great bars in New Orleans but for my money this one is the best.

• Visited March 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing cocktails”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Josh made my wonderful gin based cocktail!! It was one of the best cocktails I've had! Unfortunately my boyfriend had the bartender that was extremely rude, don't know her name but she was all tatted up and had a nose ring. Super rude to him while asking a simple question... Would still go back just ask for josh!!!

Sacramento, California
“Delicious Cocktails”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Easily the best dark and stormy I have every had - the rum used was so dark and thick that it was like syrup - and I was hooked. My husband had several of their cocktails, and he was thrilled with each one. The bartender was lovely, and took the time to make sure that each of our cocktails was well-made. The bar itself was relatively quiet and comfortable - we were able to sit in a corner booth and enjoy our drinks without interruption and pressure to leave. My only issue was that the air circulation was a little lacking, which was only a problem for me because smoking was allowed in the bar and at one time there were about 7 people smoking within about 3-4 feet of me.

• Visited March 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Bar!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Drinks are all made with fresh juices and homemade syrups! The best Pimm's Cup in New Orleans!! We loved this place!