“Fancy Schmancy Bar”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This bar had an incredible menu of cocktails, it was so hard to decide! However, I did find it to be a bit pretentious and service was just ok.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Saturday, French Quarter Fest and....Does life get any better than Bacon Bloody Mary's at Bar Tonique on Saturday?...I DON'T THINK SO!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stumbled across this place on our first evening in New Orleans and thank god!

We had headed out earlier in the evening to check out Bourbon Street but within a couple of hours we were over the hustle, bustle and tackiness of the strip.

Tonique was cool - dark and mysterious, with no traditional drinks (Jack Daniels etc) and the bar staff were so helpful - tell them what you normally like to drink and they make up a cocktail for you then and there. Delicious.

We went back to this bar a few times during our stay and was some of the best fun of our whole trip. Definitely recommended.

2  Thank b00k0
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This bar is great. The bartenders there are outstanding. They make artisan cocktails without the artisan price. My wife and I had so much fun there on Friday that we returned on Sunday. There are many great bars in New Orleans but for my money this one is the best.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Josh made my wonderful gin based cocktail!! It was one of the best cocktails I've had! Unfortunately my boyfriend had the bartender that was extremely rude, don't know her name but she was all tatted up and had a nose ring. Super rude to him while asking a simple question... Would still go back just ask for josh!!!