“Slow service, stale food”
Review of Roux on Orleans

Roux on Orleans
Ranked #620 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Allen, Texas
“Slow service, stale food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We ate two meals in this restaurant while in NOLA - a dinner and a breakfast buffet. Service was slow, though slightly better for the buffet. Bread was old and stale on both visits. This restaurant has the appearance of an upscale dining experience and touts itself as such, but in truth it is just a hotel restaurant resting on its laurels. Don't waste time eating here. There are far better options nearby.

Visited April 2014

Saint John, Canada
“The Crab Cakes Called Me”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had read a bunch of menus in my in room restaurant magazine and Roux on Orleans stuck in my mind. When I had a free evening I headed our to the French Quarter and saw the sign and recalled the yummy description from the magazine sample menu. The appetizer did not disappoint. Two large crab cakes with a slice of friend green tomato between satisfied my crab cakes craving. The catfish and shrimp entree was a bonus, especially the tasty grits (a Southern speciality I am only gaining an appreciation for as I age).

This quiet restaurant in the lobby of a quaint New Orleans heritage hotel is a great spot to appreciate New Orleans away from the garish party scene a few blocks away.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank NBTraveller68
Dallas, Texas
“Great service and terrific brunch!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have had brunch there 5 years in a row when we stay at the Bourbon Orleans, My husband actually wakes me up so he can go eat there. The Eggs Benedict is awesome and biscuits and gravy rocks!!

Visited January 2014
Dearborn, Michigan
“Great breakfast ”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Ate breakfast here a couple of times while staying at bourbon orleans. Had the buffet for 18$. Everything was great, though it was a pretty basic buffet... Not extensive. Mine was on Saturday, and they say Sunday is even better. I had eaten at the Stanley, nearby, and found for a few dollars more, I preferred the Roux. For the convenience if staying at the hotel, it was very nice.

Florence, Italy
“Stay away from this restaurant”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a place to avoid in my opinion. The food is iffy. It can be ok or not so ok. Mainly though the place does not seem clean to me. Plus the outside tables are too close to Bourbon Street with its noise and odors. There are too many really great places to eat in NOLA to bother with this one.

Visited September 2013