“Breakfast is amazing!”

Neighbourhood: French Quarter
College Station, Texas
“Breakfast is amazing!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Ate breakfast buffet and the food was amazing. The food is fresh and not the pre-made taste you get from other buffets. The gravy was the best gravy I ever had. The service was perfect and the atmosphere romantic with the doors open to the street. I recommend this restaurant for a good breakfast buffet! It is a little pricey but worth the cost.

Clearwater, Florida
“Best Breakfast”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I tried Roux on our last morning in New Orleans. We wished that we had tried it sooner. The food was great and the atmosphere was superb. It is well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sheldon S
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skip it.”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

To be honest, the only reason we ate here is because we received a gift certificate from our hotel (not the adjoining property) as part of a "best of NOLA" package. The crab cake was so-so, the gumbo was greasy and lukewarm. I was excited to try the catfish, shrimp & grits based on a picture posted here. What I got was a weird mix of gloppy, watery grits (I assume someone tried to thin down yesterday's grits, with no success), 3 cocktail shrimp that were thrown in the grill, and a meh piece of fried catfish. My partner had the redfish dinner, which was accompanied by some uncle ben's rice. The whole time, I silently prayed that the food would not poison me, and I wondered when Gordon Ramsay and his Kitchen Nightmares crew would arrive. This place was bad enough that I might talk to our hotel manager and strongly encourage them to discontinue carrying this place as part of this package. I would hate for anyone to come here and think that this is what NOLA food is all about.

Iowa
“Creole and creative”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice casual dining w/out being to schwanky, staff- awesome and creative Chef items on the menu that made it hard to decide. Probably our fav eating place of the whole trip. Miss it already

Visited April 2014
Allen, Texas
“Slow service, stale food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We ate two meals in this restaurant while in NOLA - a dinner and a breakfast buffet. Service was slow, though slightly better for the buffet. Bread was old and stale on both visits. This restaurant has the appearance of an upscale dining experience and touts itself as such, but in truth it is just a hotel restaurant resting on its laurels. Don't waste time eating here. There are far better options nearby.

Visited April 2014