“LOVE!”

The Rum House Caribbean Taqueria
Ranked #9 of 1,931 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Bar, Cuban, Central American, Jamaican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Garden District
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
“LOVE!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is the only reason we leave the French Quarter (our home). We absolutely love this place! We're very partial to the Quarter because we can walk everywhere, but when we're looking for great margaritas and a nice afternoon outing we'll take the streetcar to Rum House.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mccubma

Louisiana
“Taco lover's delight”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good but very busy place on Magazine Street. They have both inside and outside seating. While their menu is diverse, everyone seems to gravitate toward the tacos and they have them in all configurations. Everyone at our table of 7 had tacos in some form or another and everyone agreed they were very good. Service was very good despite how busy the place was. I enjoyed the meal. The only complaint I have is that if you sit outside, people waiting for a table are right up on you which makes it very crowded and not very good if that individual is smoking.
This place would warrant a second visit!

• Visited July 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It's a typical bar/restaurant chain and seems to be the hippest spot in Baton Rouge, good fun atmosphere. Food was good (Caribbean style) and drinks - well it's called the Rum House for a reason.

Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ok...”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were trying to go to another restaurant near Magazine Street. It should be noted that most great restaurants in this area do not take walk in customers after 2:30 on Sunday's. This one would...The employees were very nice and the restroom was clean, the restaurant is definitely average, well I thought the drinks from the bar were good and the food was a little worse than average. The door was opened frequently so there was an issue with flies. The flies were everywhere the entire meal. I ordered the ribs. The ribs were ok. The main issue was there was waaay too much bbq sauce on them so I tried to eat some of the sides that came with them...there was a cornbread dressing that came with them along with a side of mac and cheese that had a garlic-like flavor to them. The dressing was ok but basically to make a long story shorter, I would not recommend this restaurant unfortunately. I think maybe the tacos are better I saw many of those being eaten. I would recommend another place...New Orleans Food and Spirits. There food was GREAT and pretty much around the same range for me. This is just from the outlook of a girl visiting NOLA that could not find another place to eat that day...go elsewhere.

• Visited July 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Fun!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Perfect eating spot on Magazine Street. The food was excellent and the atmosphere lively! I loved that their menu contained something for everyone. I went with a group of 7 girls and we ate everything from their delicious nachos to great beet salad with Mahi Mahi on top.

• Visited June 2014