“Fantastic Service And A Great Steak”

Mr. John's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. John's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #267 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Cross street: Josephine
Transit: St Charles Avenue Street Car RTA
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Fantastic Service And A Great Steak”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is not a "budget" dining spot, but the service and steaks can't be beat. Treated like a "king"...and ate like one too.

Visited July 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is by far my favorite steakhouse in the city! On the more expensive side, but worth every penny! Their filet mignon is delicious; the fried green tomato appetizer is also one of my favorites. This place never disappoints! Great for date night!

• Visited September 2013
Erie, PA
“Best meal of our trip”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had dinner at Mr. John's Steakhouse on the last night of our trip. Very glad we did as it was the best meal we had while in New Orleans. I had the filet mignon, medium, and it was absolutely perfect. Quite possibly the best steak I ever had. My wife had the ribeye and she felt the same way.

The only warning I have is that this is indeed an upscale restaurant. Everyone was wearing collared shirts, some in sports coats. And here I come wearing shorts, a tee shirt and a baseball cap (I did take the cap off:-)). Regardless of my attire, they treated us as important customers.

I highly recommend this restaurant and will eat there again the next time I'm in town. Only I'll wear a more appropriate hat...

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mattman2000
Huntington Beach, California
“Unfriendly Upscale Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

In trying to get some information regarding hours and takeout, the interaction was very unfriendly. When we decided to buy turtle soup takeout, the service help acted like we were not 'good' enough to be in their restaurant. They were very unhelpful and rude. I would not recommend this restaurant and I would not eat here.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hoho92649
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Steaks and much more!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Located in the Wyndham on St. Charles St., this is a first class steak house with great seafood as well. Order the New York strip and don't bother with any of the sauces...it is perfect served in it's own juice. The steak is cut and cooked perfectly served on a heated plate that keeps the meat warm throughout your meal. Soft shell crabs are in season and also excellent. Lobster tail can be ordered with any dish or by itself and is outstanding. Small room, well appointed, and absolutely worth visiting.

• Visited June 2014