“Good vegetarian options” 4 of 5 bubbles

Carmo
Ranked #19 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Magazine
Description: Carmo is a New Orleans-based tropical restaurant and bar with a commitment to providing vegans, vegetarians and omnivores alike with healthy and affordable dishes in a warm, friendly and casual atmosphere. The menu is built upon the rich, multi-cultural culinary influences found throughout the Caribbean, Central and South America, West Africa, Southeast Asian, Gulf South and beyond and features eclectic and traditional/traditionally-inspired dishes with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients, as well as unique and little-known flavors from around the world. Exotic fruit such as juice of the cocoa fruit (cacau), cupuacu, graviola (sour sop), caja and caju infuse Carmo's juice and cocktail menu with exciting new flavors.
Fremont, California
“Good vegetarian options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife & I had lunch here. Compared to some of the other vegetarian restaurants in New Orleans, we were not as impressed with the food, but it was good, service was friendly, & it came fast. I would recommend this for healthy good vegetarian food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MihirMeghani

Coram, New York
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Being vegetarians in New Orleans and finding this place was not just a savior but awesome. Awesome salads, awesome juices, awesome food. Staff was very friendly and had a peaceful aura to themselves. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AshKash
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Incredible for veg and non-veg alike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went as one vegetarian with four omnivores. Everyone loved it. Had no problem with food for everyone (veg and non-veg) and great drinks (beer, juices, etc.). Colleague got the young coconut water served in coconut and went nuts. Food was creative and delightful. Service was great. Neat building. Would recommend it as a great alternative to traditional New Orleans fare. ALso good location (near convention center and bars where we had a drink beforehand). Desserts (especially the banana cake) also were great.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mario S
High desert
“Second time there and love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We did a walking your having small plates at various restaurants in the warehouse dinner in December... And I just noticed that we had left our visit to Carmo off our trip advisor hits... We went to peche, root, warehouse grill, sun ray grill... And really enjoyed them all; but Carmo was by far my favorite. I didn't feel lost in the hustle of the busier restaurants. It is really relaxing inside and the food and drinks are crazy good. It was the second time I had been there and I loved it
Each time! Broken noodle salad was my favorite!

Miami Beach, Florida, USA
“A bit odd but fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I'm glad I had read other reviews before I went and looked over the menu before hand. You order at the counter. So I didn't even think about making a reservation, right?? My husband and I walk in at 7pm on a Tuesday and they ask if we have a reservation. We say no. We got the last 2 top! We had already known what we wanted luckily. My husband had the yellow fin tuna on greens and he said it was the best he ever had. He has been in the restaurant biz for years so he is PICKY and a bit of a snob when it comes to food. I had a small green and a small broken noodle salad. They were both great as well. We were very happy with the funky hippy place. We wish there were more restaurants like it. I highly recommend and try to look at the menu beforehand.

Visited June 2014