“Just say no!!!!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Let me start from the beginning. The coffee (in a dirty stained cup) had a grayish greenish color to it with coffee grounds floating on top. I couldn't even taste it but by the look on my mom's face it was disgusting. The bacon was limp, fatty & undercooked. One of my pancakes was not completely cooked in the center. My husbands plate was slimy with grease. I then realized there were fruit flies flying in various areas of our table. When I brought our green gray coffee back to the counter the lady said "oh I think I'm having trouble with my coffee maker". Then she says "how about some orange juice. It's on the house!" She then gives us styrofoam cups & says "here take the whole bottle" & hands me a half empty bottle of OJ. I don't know what else to say except stay far far away from the streetcar cafe!!!

2  Thank JBSLA

Reviewed 15 November 2013

we stay in this area when in New Orleans and love that breakfast is so handy. The service is fast, staff friendly and helpful and food good. You get plenty of food. In fact, eat a late breakfast and you won't need anything till supper. It is so convenient to walk out their door cross to the streetcar stop and you are on your way on the St Charles streetcar.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My best friend and I were staying in the Cotton Exchange Hotel down the street and happened upon Streetcar when we were rather hungry. We were not disappointed!
We ended up eating breakfast on four of the five days we were in NOLA. I can highly recommend the pancakes (fluffy and delicious!) and the cheese omelette (actually one of the best omelettes I have ever had). Their hashbrowns are fantastic. I tried biscuits and gravy for the first time in my life and absolutely loved them. Their fried oyster and shrimp po-boy was divine. I honestly didn't eat anything there that wasn't delicious. The prices are SO reasonable (and actually I would say cheap) and their coffee was fantastic. I really can't recommend Streetcar enough. Also - the ladies there are hilarious and really sweet. They made us feel incredibly welcome!!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had a late breakfast here after sleeping in one morning in NOLA. The home-style breakfast food proved to be just what we needed. The food was good, and the prices were low. The service wasn't super quick, and I could imagine the wait being a little lengthy if it was more crowded. Very simple decor and informal counter service. Would go back.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

this was the closest to my hotel that i could get and still get some local flavor food. reviews were good so i gave it a try. Nothing horrible, the food was tasty - had sausage and red beans. nothing that jumped out as too memorable. prices were very reasonable and service was friendly