Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$400
US$245
US$169
  • Fitness centre
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$176
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
French Market Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$237
Travelocity
US$336
US$290
1,119 results
All reviewsbalcony roombourbon streettoulouse streetgreat locationfrench quarterstreet performerspeople watchingsecurity guardroom keynoise from the streetbeds were very comfortablefrench doorsfront desk staffvalet parkingmardi graswalking distance to everythingjackson square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great location, wonderful rooms, noisy as expected, security tops, Avoid steep parking fees by parking at open lots near by. Rooms were great and the free Abita beer samples I liked. Have fun, enjoy the ride.

Room Tip: Rooms on Bourbon Street noisy as expected. We were on 4th floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear ChuckK2,

Thank you for staying with us at Four Points by Sheraton. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the samples of our local Best Brew, courtesy of the Four Points Best Brews Program.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed for the French Quarter Festival not without trepidation - heard Bourbon St was noisy & so it was but our room overlooking the pool was an oasis of peace. The bed was very comfortable & we appreciated the free coffee & tea in the room. Highlight must be the staff, nothing too much trouble & always with a smile.

Room Tip: Overlooking pool & ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank motham

Dear motham,

We are very proud of our courtyard and we are so glad that you found it to be an oasis of peace. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

When this hotel was the Ramada Plaza Hotel, I thought it to be one of the most beautiful in the French Quarter. Now it is probably a bit more comfortable and definitely updated, but the contemporary decor is at odds with it's wonderful history and location. As far as convenience, the hotel cannot be beat. While you are on Bourbon Street, it is safe and not noisy and you are withing easy walking distance to any French Quarter tourist attraction. The doormen and women are friendly and competent. This does not carry over to the front desk personnel who in my experience were surly or uncommunicative. The new decor has a lot of sharp edges and squares and the drawers in the room dresser have been replaced with canvas bins. The beds are comfortable but the showers are touchy with water pressure problems and have the built in containers with shampoos, conditioner and gel. The bar was pleasant with friendly service, afternoon snacks, and in particular Omar gave us good service. Since there is such a selection of wonderful properties at good prices in and near the French Quarter, I think this hotel needs a little help to live up to the competition. I would, however, probably stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Charlene T
Reviewed 6 May 2013

First, when you book a hotel on Bourbon Street you should know what your getting into! The rooms with balconys on Bourbon Street will be noiser than those facing the courtyard. If you are a light sleeper, I would suggest not staying on Bourbon Street at all and not less than a block away. The noise does carry to hotels a block away sometimes. The drapes do a great job of blocking out the light and lights on Bourbon Street.

If you are a Bourbon Street lover then this hotel is a plus because once outside the front door you are in the middle of all that Bourbon Street has to offer. My wife and I usually don't hang out on Bourbon Street and sometime don't even get on it except to cross it going somewhere else. The balcony is a great people watcher location though.

The hotel is nice enough when you enter the lobby. This isn't high end so don't expect it. The bar is nothing special and somewhat boring, but it is a bar. We did not eat at the restaurant, so can't really say anything about it. We did look inside and it again looks light a restaurant, but nothing special. The courtyard area is somewhat typical New Orleans pool courtayrd. It's ok, nothing special. The pool and some tables and chairs and lounge chairs surround the pool.There was no bar service while we were there at the pool area and do not know if it is ever offered.

A small area off the front desk is whwere you can get snacks and drinks (non- alacholic). Again, nothing special, but it is available and I have no idea in regard to the prices because it never drew us in. It was just there.

The front desk was polite and check in was a breeze and wake up calls were handled without a snafu. The final bill as is the custom these days was placed under the door the last morning and was correct and made for no need to check out at the desk. They do require you to show your key when entering the hotel in the evening to keep non guest out and on Bourbon Street that seemed a nice idea,

The room we stayed in was a king balcony on Bourbon Street. The balcony is shared, although the courtyard rooms have private balconys that are close enough to be considered shared. It is basic, but missing a few things. It did not have a mini fridge or microwave. I think all hotels should have these for there guest now. The T.V. was on the table/dresser, but the old wall mounted stand for the T.V. was still on the wall. It was this wooden thing that had a cut out in the back for the wiring! It detracts from an already basic room and should have been removed when the location of the T.V. was changed. The arm chair provided was nice and comfortable. The closet had a safe and ironing board. The bathroom was ok, nothing special again. The shower/tub combinatin was standard size and had the row of dispensers for bath gel, shampoo, and conditoner. I do not like these because you do not know what kind of products they are using and I think that is why they use them. I like the individual bodies that show who made these products and for a Starwood property, I was a bit surprised. Towels are nothing special either. One sink in the bathroom and another one would have been nice.The bed was comfortable, a little soft for me, but my wife liked it. I really liked the weight of the comforter and bed spread. The sheets were just hotel sheets and you each had two pillows that were comfortable too.

The room needed touching up in places where paint had chipped and the toilet seat showed signs of wear. The lamps shades were crooked and did not seem to want to go in the right position when I tried to adjust them. It didnt really bother me, I was just curious if they were really like that or not. Attention to detail matters to me.

I won't book here again, not because the experience was bad, but because it wasn't anything special. Even though you are going to spend most of your time out in the Quarter or the Garden District or wherever, it's not that important to some, but we like to come back to a really nice room or suite and I do not thing this hotel can live up to it, but if being on Bourbon Street is what you want and in the middle of the action I think it might be an ok place. I would probably pay a little more for a little more if I were you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mccrazyone

Dear mccrazyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We would like to answer a few of your questions. The pool has bar service during the summer months, but unfortunately we have not reached that time yet. If there are guests around the pool throughout the day we will try our very best to have one of the staff members from inside visit the pool area to determine if they need anything. We are in the process of undergoing a renovation, and the TV is actually going to be mounted on the wall versus sitting on the dresser. We have installed the TV mounts, but are still in the process of getting all TVs in all guest rooms mounted. We apologize that this was an inconvenience. We are working to get the rooms updated as quickly as possible. We hope that with this new information you will give us another try the next time you visit the French Quarter.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We spent the first few nights of our trip at the Hyatt French Quarter, and maybe that stay spoiled us. We switched to the Four Points for our last couple of nights, using points, and I wouldn't want to stay there again, even using points. The rooms are very small, the ones facing Bourbon are very loud, and the service wasn't great. We asked for a cab to Jazz Fest, but then the bellman disappeared. When we wanted a cab to the airport, he was again not to be found until I was completely fed up, so we just walked to Decatur to hail our own cab, in the rain. I can't wait to return to New Orleans but will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank caipirinha3
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear caipirinha3,

We are very sorry for the negatives you experienced while staying here at Four Points French Quarter. We have made sure to take soundproofing measures on those guest rooms that are facing both Bourbon and Toulouse Streets, so we apologize for the noise you heard in your rooms. We will be speaking with all of our bellmen to make sure that this type of issue does not happen again. Please accept our deepest apologies, and if you need to speak with someone regarding your stay please reach out to our General Manager, Beth Ables, at b.ables@fourpointsfrenchquarter.com.