“Hide Your valuables!”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #101 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our stay was otherwise pleasant but one of the staff members STOLE my wifi hotspot device. I accidentally left it to our room after the checkout and 30min after the checkout I noticed that I left it on the table next to my bed. When I returned to the hotel there was a maid already cleaning our room and she said that she has not seen my device. She was a bit nervous and few times she put her hand into her work uniforms pockets like she was hiding something there.

I tried to speak with the hotel staff about this but they just repeated what the maid said: there was nothing found from the room. Later on the same night was able to track from my Verizon page that someone is constantly trying to use my device.

After few days I took a screencap of the Verizon page as an evidence and sent an email to the hotel but they did not respond to that in any way. I was able to track from my server logs that someone from the hotel opened my screencap URL/link. I waited 5 days and the I sent email to Wyndham customer service. They also tried to contact hotel management. It took a week to get answer from them. They promised to refund 20 USD for me and I was not pleased because the price of the stolen device is over 100 USD. OK, it was my fault that I left it to our room after the checkout but the way how hotel handled this was not professional. They just said that it was my fault that I did not take care of my personal belongings. I believe that the stealing maid is still working for the hotel so please hide your valuables!

During the last 3 years I have road tripped more than 15 000 miles and I have stayed in over 100 different hotels. There has been some very shady hotels in the middle of nowhere and some of the hotels have located in not so friendly neighborhoods. This was the first time when hotel staff member stole something from me!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JackFin
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear JackFin,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. Upon researching your comments with hotel management, we found the following:

1. We do take theft issues very seriously. We interviewed our HK staff and the employee in question is no longer working at this property.

2. We did refund you a portion of your stay as a courtesy for the inconvenience even though there was no substantial proof that a theft occurred.

3. We will continue to monitor our staff and insure these issues do not arise again, but in the meantime, still encourage guests to store their valuables in the hotel guestroom safe as a precaution.

Most of our hotel guests have a wonderful experience and it is unfortunate yours was not. We wish you all the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

had a wonderful experience at this hotel. the lobby is magnificent and the staff could not be friendlier especially the general manager candace. she went out of her way to make us feel at home. the rooms were extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. everything is in walking distance from the hotel and make sure you ask the front desk for food recommendations. we will be back very soon! there is a diner and coffee shop on the ground floor connected to the lobby so make sure you try their famous pan cakes!.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nafir9
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

On behalf of our GM Candice and the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel in located one block from the french quarters, so it's a great location if you want to stay central. When we arrived there where 3 people in the reception, only one was helping another quest. Nobody greeted us, we had to wait until the the person in front was ready and it took some time. Far from the southern hospitality at least when you're from Texas. Rooms are fairly large, beds where comfy, but the bathroom was not clean, found large black hairs in the shower.

There is no breakfast included they obviously have that leased out to somebody else, we had a breakfast for 3 with coffee, juice and a regular breakfast $ 47.55 is not cheap. So next morning we went to IHOP for the breakfast that was better and less money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank enjoythevacation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but we will still pass along those noticeable shortcomings to our staff members. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Charged 499.00 a night for essence festival. Hotel room had ceilings in room with water damage and sink stopped up no breakfast or anything inclued. force to pay for valet parking 44.00 no discount for wyndham owers or wyndham rewards disappointed for first time at wyndham hotel . Listening to clerks at check in made me fell ripped off. person who check me in could mot address my concern

Room Tip: be specific about what you want. I.e separte area for viewing and relaxing when renting suite not ju...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles J

Dear Charles J,

1. You paid the average rate that is normally advertised for this Special Event. In addition, the rate you paid was not only competitive with other nearby 3 star hotels, but included many other amenities that 4-5 star hotels would normally charge.

2. If you were truly unhappy with your stay, you could have spoken to one of our managers and we would have more than happy to release you from your reservation and find a hotel that could meet your personal needs.

3. We do not force hotel guests to park with us. There are numerous other parking garages nearby.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is an old department store converted in the Art Deco fashion. Came with family (two teens). They are doing construction next door so they recommended an inside room for a quiet morning. The inside room have a window that opens to the hallway. Room was clean and beds were comfy. My only complaint was there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom so our family of four taking back to back showers made it steamy for make up etc. there is a diner and a coffee shop in the lobby. Great location, about a 10 min walk to the French quarter.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Napamoon
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was filthy!!!!!!
Dirty Items are as follows:
Tub - Didn't drain properly
Shower Curtain -Bottom stained w/black mildew
Sink - Mildew in the center area
Toilet - Not cleaned properly
Carpet - Dirty (stains)
Flooring - Not leveled (you could feel the holes)
Vents - Black dust coming from it
A/C Unit - Didn't cool properly (NO fresh air, it felt like it was recycled)
Insects - Rats in the basement, little black bugs inside the room.
Chair - Broken & leaning
Window Seals - Dirty
Drapes - Dusty

They charged 4-5 star rates, the room felt like a 1-2 star & it was very uncomfortable in addition to ruining my vacation.

The disgust & filth prevented me from relaxing or eating inside the room. When I informed your staff of these items, their response was "Did you call to report them?" Poor service to say the least.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank GuilogK
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear GuilogK,

1. You stayed with us for 3 nights during Essence Festival and paid the average rate that is normally advertised for this Special Event. In addition, the rate you paid was not only competitive with other nearby 3 star hotels, but included many other amenities that 4-5 star hotels would normally charge.

2. During the 3 days you stayed with us, you did not speak to any manager at the property. You waited until after you checked out to email our General Manager your list of complaints.

3. You acknowledged you did not give the hotel the opportunity to at least try to rectify your complaints, but still demanded a full refund. In addition, you acknowledged you did not want to check out because there were no other hotels available. Upon further research, records show there were other hotels with room availability.

4. Our General Manager did issue an apology as well a partial refund as a courtesy.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here during Essence Fest. The location is just one block from Bourbon Street but far enough away so you aren't caught up in the chaos of the weekend. My stay there was excellent. I had a flight cancelation coming in and was upset over having to pay for a night that I would not be there. However they took care of tha. The hotel staff was beyond superb. The day stay is very friendly and professional. Whenever I stopped to ask anything, they were always nice and friendly. The night has a friendly vibrant female that is the best. The staff took the time to learn my name for the 3 days I was there. The day manager is superb. I really appreciate them. The rooms were clean and a good size. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank charbru
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!