I stayed at Baronne this past weekend during Mardi Gras and had a positive experience. I chose the hotel for its price and for its proximity to Bourbon St. I had a number of conversations with the staff prior to my arrival as I was managing reservations for a multiple rooms and there were a number of modifications that I needed to make to the reservations as well as confirmations to be managed. Both before my stay and during, the hotel staff was patient, responsive, and courteous even in spite of an incident that occurred when one of my crew partied a little too hard.
As for the hotel, itself, it's going through renovations and the block that it is on is kinda...blah. With that said, while the look and the feel of the lobby is merely perfunctory, the rooms appear to have completed their renovations and I was pleased with their quality (i.e, soft bed, flat-screen tv, nice bathroom). I suspect that I got a deal on the room because of the renovations, but it was well worth the price. The hotel, itself, is one block away from Canal St. and the French Quarter and two blocks from the corner of Canal and Bourbon. It's a great location if you want to be close to the main N.O. nightlife and still save a bit of cash.
One thing to be on the look out for: the internal rooms have windows that open to the interior of the hotel, itself, which I'm sure some would think is a privacy issue in spite of the fact that they have curtains. You'll want to request a room that opens to the exterior of the hotel.
Aside from that, make no mistake that during Mardi Gras, you're going to have a party crowd at this hotel. They'll be up late, and while the noise level was not a problem for me, there are people coming and going (and making some noise) in the middle of the night during Mardi Gras.
Would I stay there again? Yep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans