“Great Hotel Great Location ! loved our stay in New Orleans !”

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #12 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 December 2012

we stayed at the courtyard marriott ibervlle 12/7-12/13/12 and loved both the hotel and new orleans french quarter. the staff is friendly particulary at the front desk. we had very good customer service particulary from ebony at the front desk who was kind enough to place us on an 8th floor room which was quieter and had views. the rooms were nicely furnished, very clean and quiet. the hotel itself is centrally located in the wonder french quarter and easily withing walking distance to great shops, restaurants, bars, nightlife etc and far away enough from the very noisy bourbon street. i would very much recommend a stay at the couryard narrott iberville.

Room Tip: try not to stay in a hotel on bourbon street as it can get quite noisy !
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paulsfca
Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Marriott has taken over Iberville Suites and its been a disaster! We've been here 3 days and have experienced no water; a power outages that led to no air conditioning or movies; broken ice machine and a surly welcome. The "improvements " include sliding barn type doors on the bedroom and bathroom that do not lock and don't stay shut! The heavy nightstand fell forward every time you opened the drawer and depositing anything on top onto the floor. We asked that someone come and take a look at the air conditioning; called back after no one came for 45 minutes and we are still waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes later. My daughter and her family are here as well and I am embarrassed to have recommended it. Expect better from the Marriott name.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank travel4meandrich
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks exactly like the hotel's stock photos. Our room was a king bed with separate living room area and complementary Wi-Fi. The room had a refrigerator which came in handy, most hotels charge for them nightly. The hotel is within a very short walk to Canal St. & Bourbon St.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank LaylinaW
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Recently remodeled, our room was very nice. Loved the shower and the sliding doors. The hallway and rooms were quiet, which I like. The only downsides was the 2 elevators that you have to ride to get to your room from the street and the confusing, maze like paths to get to the adjoining Ritz Carlton. The location was great. Parking is a bit expensive at $34.00 per day. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2012

In my career I am on the road about every week and staying at Couryard Hotels. This trip was both for business and pleasure and was connected to our "Girls weekend" shared with 3 other women. The first night was my work night and Taurean was very helpful at the front desk. Because we made the reservation paying for one night, points for 2, and a certificate for the 3rd it was quite confusing! Taurean was patient and helped us find a room with two beds that would accomodate all of us comfortably. Darlene was also at the front desk and she promised to take care of us when we re-checked in the next day so we could keep our original room and not have to move.

The room was great! Quite different from other Marriott Courtyards. Because this one used to be the Iberville Suites, the rooms are much larger than a traditional Courtyard. There were little decorative things in the room that also made the hotel special, such as the large sliding doors, the artwork, bathroom, bedding, and more. Any time we called the front desk for extra towels, shampoo, etc., it was immediately brought up with a smile!

The hotel it'self was in a fantastic location if you are wanting to be by the Quarter. We were within a couple blocks of Bourban, Acme Oyster House, and Jackson Square. You can use the Ritz pool but there is a charge for this. Therefore, we did not take advantage of the Ritz property.

I would like to say that Taurean and Darlene were so kind, gracious, and welcoming. They took care of everything we needed and laughed with us the whole time!

If anyone is looking for a reasonable priced Marriott in New Orleans this is it! It's great for groups with more than two people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with two beds if you have more than two people!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kellyhouston
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Coming to this hotel, I was full of skepticism; after all, the price was much lower than the surrounding hotels (especially in the French Quarter) and it was a recent Marriott conversion from a non-Marriott hotel. Usually, I've found this means a sub par experience with lots of bumps along the way.

The hotel's entrance, as others have stated, honestly, is not very inviting. Frankly, the street you enter from looks like a back alley, usually complete with bagged trash always seemingly waiting to be picked up be absent garbage trucks. The driveway is kind of yellow-- I don't know how else to describe it-- but I think that's from the lighting used.

The lobby area is very nice looking-- almost modernly elegant. I'm not sure how else to put that. I wouldn't call it exactly inviting, but impressive to look at.

Check in was fine with a few bumps, but I was in and out of check in within three minutes.

The group I was with had two rooms that were the same type and looked more or less the same. One room looked a bit more worn, but nothing I couldn't live with-- especially for the exceptional rate we were paying.

The windows in both rooms looked down onto an enclosed courtyard-- actually, the roof of the lobby (?). The windows in both rooms didn't open, which is a huge irritant for me, but again, that's okay. We weren't spending too much time in the room anyway.

Parking was not a complimentary, but I can't remark on the value since we didn't have a vehicle. There was also a restaurant, but again, I didn't visit this either.
Free internet in the rooms, decent speed.
No issues with noise at all, especially surprising for being in the French Quarter.

I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank cx20009
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This place was a huge and pleasant surprise! For the good price we paid, I did not expect such a fantastic hotel. It's beautiful! For only $20 more per night, I upgraded to a suite which was large and fantastic. The location was perfect - steps away from everything! Also, housekeeping was great. One day I asked for an extra conditioner and every day after that she gave me extra conditioner in the room. Sometimes it's the little things that make you happy :)

This will be my one and only place to stay in New Orleans from now on!!

Room Tip: Skip room service - the prices are OUTRAGEOUS!! Although, everywhere to eat in the French Quarter i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple