“Great hotel if you want extra space.”

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #12 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. I really wanted to stay at a more historic, boutique type property, but we traveled with our 21 year old daughter and I felt that we'd all enjoy our trip more if had our own rooms. We stayed in the double king room and it was perfect. My husband and I had the room next to the hallway and we didn't here any noise at all. Our daughter's room was on the courtyard and it was also perfectly quiet.
The wet bar area and fridge were really nice to have. The rooms are nicely decorated and modern but the building itself had some classic touches to it.
There was plenty of storage areas as well. There was even a small couch in the room our daughter slept in. Plus each room had 2 huge TVs. Also 2 I Homes to listen to your own music. Our only issue was with our nightstands. My husband and I used those to store some clothes and somehow that made the drawers too heavy and they would open and tip the nightstand over. They should probably attach those to the wall.
Housekeeping did a great job, plenty of towels and toiletries. Love the Paul Mitchell products.
The Courtyard was well located to most everything we wanted to do. Bourbon St, is a block away and Acme Oyster House was a block and half down Iberville. Everything in the Quarter was a short walk away.
We had no problem with the 2 elevator set up at all, and it made the hotel feel more secure.
I would love to stay at this Courtyard again, we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard don't give you much of a view but are very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank scincalifornia
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear scincalifornia,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor community. Thank you for highlighting the historic nature of our building, as well as the wide verity of amenities the hotel offers to our guests. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed you stay in our spacious double king suite rooms. We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Came this past weekend (july 4th) for Essence. The hotel was simply beautiful! The room/bathroom were spacious, clean and quiet. Lobby and hallways were clean spotless. It is near everything!!! I had a wonderful time. Also, the valet service was awesome!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank notboring1
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I want to thank you for staying with us during the Essence festival. I am happy to hear you had a good stay and hope to serve you the next ime you are in New Orleans

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'm here on vacation as we speak. On vac from Michigan and got into New Orleans at around noon and was still able to check in. The guy at the counter was super nice I forgot his name, the window view is not great but hey you not gonna spend tons of time in room anyways so I didn't care. Alto valet is pricey my last 5 times in different hotels was higher. I would stay here again in a heartbeat very close to everything and someone is outside 24/7?which makes you feel safe. Trust me you will love it. My only small grip is the eatery open/ closes at weird hrs but not a deal breaker since a few 24hr eaterys are within 500 ft. So I give it 5 stars it's great, it's clean, and very quiet

Room Tip: First time here we had the queen and it looked like a suite. Only me and wife so plenty room plus co...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin H

Dear Kevin H,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor community. Thank you for highlighting the fantastic location of our hotel, and the exceptional service you experienced at the front desk. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our queen suite. We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The moment we pulled into the courtyard we were greeted by Donovan. He quickly assesed our needs and took care of them in a professional and friendly manner, Be sure to ask for him if you are new to the area.

The room was nice and passed my strict inspection with flying colors. (No strans of hair on the sheets ect.) The staff was friendly and handled a fully booked house with ease. Only problem was one of the elevators kept breaking down which was out of the staffs control.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I want to first thank you for staying with us and secondly apologize for the issue with the elevator. We did have a technician with our elevator company at the hotel over the weekend to ensure the issue was fixed. I know the elevator issue did cause some inconvienence at times however we worked hard to correct the issue as soon as posible. We hope to host you the next time you are in New Orleans

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I and four other friends stayed here for a four-day weekend. It was the perfect place to stay just a block or two off of Bourbon street. It was easy to get to from all of the activities but away from all the noise. We stayed in a king suite which had a very comfortable king size bed in a separate bedroom, a bath in between it, and a large living area with its own TV and desk.
We will definitely consider staying here again should we return to New Orleans.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank H Dean H

Dear H Dean H,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear you, your wife and friends all enjoyed you stay in our spacious king suite rooms. We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We will definitely consider staying here again should we return to New Orleans.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank H. Dean H
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear H. Dean H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor from your stay with us at Courtyard Downtown/Iberville! I am happy to hear that you found the king suite comfortable and accommodating to your needs. I’m glad our location was perfect for your trip to New Orleans; we look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to the area!

Celeste B.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a terrific place downtown New Orleans can be we are so close to a lot of restaurants, shops, bars, and clubs. All because of the hotel we stayed at - Courtyard/Iberville. It was so convenient for us to just go and have a great time! The hotel was clean and posh; and chandeliers were such a perfect touch to the ambiance. Housekeeping was great and the room was clean, spacious and cute. But the Front Desk was the best, all were so helpful, but especially Shelita Foe. She was so pleasant to talk to and I loved how she would always greet us when we left and when we came back. She made us feel important I'm glad we made the choice to stay at the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alexandra G

Dear Alexandra G,

I am happy to hear you had a great time during your first stay with us in NOLA! It’s wonderful that we at Courtyard Downtown/Iberville were able to provide you with a posh ambiance and experience.

Thank you for your feedback on the front desk staff service! It will be my pleasure to pass this on to them, and Shelita, she will be delighted to hear she was able to make you feel important and welcome. As a valued guest your feedback is extremely significant in the service we provide each and every day.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,