“Two King Beds - What a Great Stay!”

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #22 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bellevue, WA
“Two King Beds - What a Great Stay!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very nice stay at this Marriott! Not your typical 'courtyard' type hotel. It has a nice business/casual feel, but seems 'bigger' than that. It is also in a very convenient location, on the west edge of the French Quarter just a few blocks off of Bourbon in a quiet area.

Haven't stayed in a hotel in some time that had two kings as a typical option - it was so nice to have this, as our 7 year old daughter can share the bed w/ one and none of us are wanton for extra bed-space, i.e. two doubles, etc. The beds are in separate 'rooms,' such that there is a sliding-door you can separate them with if you wish. Each room has a large TV, and the bathroom in the middle has a nice large walk-in shower. AC filled out the room well too.

Had a gym which we didn't use, but looked nice enough, and a nice, large lobby area w/ bar, business center (where I'm typing this review before I leave :)

Free wi-fi as well - you can pay for 'faster' but we felt no need based on the speeds we received for casual use.

For us, only thing missing was a room safe.

What more to say - it was a very nice stay (stayed for three nights) and I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have two kings beds, but... if not, and you have a family of three or four, make...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear TheFirstOne,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious double king suites, which are very unique to the Courtyard brand. Thank you for highlighting some of the amenities of our hotel, we certainly do appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to your arrival in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard because the location was perfect, and I was able to get a reasonable rate. It is right at the start of Bourbon Street for those who want to enjoy all that is Bourbon. It was also walking distance to the Harrah's Casino, and a couple blocks from the St. Charles Streetcar that goes all the way to the other end of town. You will not find a better location for access to everything, and a quiet room.

Rooms were comfortable and seemed recently updated, so it had a very fresh look. The bed slept comfortably and Lorena, the housekeeping supervisor, took great care of us when we had a couple of small issues.

Something to be aware of, the pipes in the building are a bit old, and we had a sink that did not drain. It was not the bathroom sink, but rather a small sink on the breakfast counter. We were told that several of the units have this issue. We did not need to use the sink, and so we were fine, but it would have been nice to have a second place to wash hands, etc. Also there was a fire alarm pulled during our stay around midnight which was more excitement than I was looking for, and as we were leaving one of the elevators was not working, so check out time was a bit of a zoo, especially for those on the mid-floors when the elevators would be full.

Aside from the minor issues above, this was a fabulous hotel. The valets were amazingly friendly, and the front counter staff were helpful. I would be happy to stay here again if visiting the area.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not facing the street are very quiet, and street facing rooms would not have much to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adventursaurus
Dear Adventursaurus,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you feel our hotel was a great value and an even better location. I would like to take a moment to apologize for the small inconveniences you experienced during your stay, I will be sure to address them with our housekeeping and engineering teams. We look forward to your arrival in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband is a Marriott brand loyalist so we always stay in a Marriott hotel whether it's a Springhill Suites or a JW. I just want a clean, comfortable stay, so when we pulled up to the Courtyard I was a little nervous. My recent experience with Courtyards and Residence Inns is that they're dated and used. To my pleasant surprise the Courtyard was fantastic. The location is great, just a couple blocks from all the action on Bourbon and a 10 min walk to Jackson Square which means quiet, but not inconvenient. We arrived on a Wednesday night. Parking and registration were a breeze. Our bags were brought up to our room (Ritz Carlton style, not that typical inept Courtyard way). The room was spacious and so cute. It looked more like a room in a boutique hotel than a Courtyard chain. The decor is light and contemporary. The room was so clean. I always travel with my Clorox Wipes and I couldn't find dirt on the remotes, light switch covers, anywhere! +++++ It's also connected to the Ritz Carlton on Canal. My husband and I used the walkway connecting the two to go to the spa in the Ritz (which has steam rooms, saunas and a jacuzzi pool). Shelita checked us in and even remembered our name when I went down to buy things from the hotel pantry!++++This hotel is a great value! Think of it as a Courtyard with some Ritz Carlton touches. My only criticism about the hotel is that the bed was too firm for me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mskeya3
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear mskeya3,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor Community. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our services and our hotel passed your “white glove inspection”. At the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard we strive to provide clean and up to date rooms for our guests. Thank you for the shout out on Shelita, she really does provide exceptional service to our guests. We hope to greet you in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard!
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It is a great place to stay right in the French Quarter. Just one block away from Bourbon Street. The staff was professional, knowledgable, friendly, couldn't do enough for you. Room was huge with great bathroom. Clean and up-to-date. Two king-sized beds and two large-screen TVs. TV had special channel just for New Orleans which helped us out when we first arrived. Definitely stay at this place if you plan to come to New Orleans.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mantle22,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor Community. I am happy to hear you reported our great location, spacious rooms, and friendly staff. At the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard we strive to exceed our guests expectations, and we are thrilled about you’re A+ report on the hotel. We hope to greet you in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Looking for a great place to stay at in New Orleans? No need to look any further! I was here for a two night stay a couple of days ago and could not have loved it more! Conveniently located around the corner from Bourbon Street, the hotel offers first class service and comfort for a very reasonable price. The rooms are newly renovated and have a very warm and classic feel, the beds are extremely comfortable and the staff is super friendly. Book your stay with the Courtyard Iberville and I promise that you will not be disappointed! I will definitely be back :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I truely appreciate your feedback and comments about the hotel and staff. It is our mission for each guest to have a great experience with us and we hope to host you the next time you are in New Orleans
Raymond, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The room was not large, but more than adequate for the two of us. The view out the window was of other windows -- but we were there to see the a French Quarter and not sit in our room! Staff were very friendly and helpful at suggestions re tours and what to see and where to eat. We would definitely stay here again if traveling to New Orleans. We took a taxi from and later back to the airport -- appreciated that there was a flat fee for this ($33, I think). The hotel is on the edge of the French Quarter, but the area was easily covered by foot.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joyce G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor Community. Thank you for the compliment on our facilities and staff, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. We hope to greet you in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard!
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Once again the courtyard met all of my expectations. I could have stayed at another marriott property but I could not. This property is one of my favorite. The ladies at the front desk excell in making you feel so welcome once again great job ladies. I will always stay here no matter what I'm in New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mageesclinton
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear mageesclinton,

I am so happy to hear that we are one of your favorite Courtyards, it's truly an honor! We are here to make sure you have a safe comfortable stay while you are with us and I am pleased to hear our front desk team did just that. We love having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,