“EXCELLENT CHOICE IN NEW ORLEANS”

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #22 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
brooklyn, ny
“EXCELLENT CHOICE IN NEW ORLEANS”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We booked 2 rooms in this hotel, both rooms were large suite like rooms with 2 king beds in each suite. When you enter the room, there is a king bed in the front area along with a flat screen tv, table/work area, nightstand with an IPOD docking station. In the middle, there is a bathroom with stand up shower and large vanity area, outside the bathroom is a wet bar and refrigerator. In the back, there is a second king size bed with a flat screen tv, loveseat, and 2 nightstands. Back room also has a sliding door if you want privacy. 2 couples could very easily share a 2 king bed room at this property. The furnishings and carpeting also appear to be new and modern, the rooms were clean.
The lobby of the hotel is very nice and there is The Bistro on the 2nd floor where you can purchase breakfast, a light meal, or beer/wine/cocktails. 2nd floor also has a number of comfortable sofas where you can just lounge around. Courtyard does not have a pool, and the Courtyard fitness center is just a couple of treadmills and a few dumbbells for weight training. The Courtyard is attached to the Ritz Carlton, and I paid the $10 fee for a day pass to the Ritz Carlton Spa. It was $10 well spent: the spa had a pool, a hot tub, over a dozen treadmills and ellipticals, and the weight room had about 12 Precor weight machines, so if you are really into working out with weights, you can hit every body part at the Ritz Carlton gym.
The location of the hotel is great. It is in the French Quarter, one block walk from Bourbon Street, one block from the Canal Street streetcar and 2-3 blocks from the St Charles Steetcar, you can also walk to the Mississippi River waterfront and to the Harrah's casino. There are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. And even though the hotel is so close to Bourbon street, the hotel itself is very quiet and noise is not an issue. I also found the front desk clerks and the valet parking staff to be very enthusiastic and friendly. If I were ever to return to New Orleans, I would probably pick this hotel again. I can't imagine that the city has anything that would be better.

3 Thank ronnoc30
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Sandy H,
Thank you so much for writing such an exceptional review of the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. Our hotel is very unique with the 2 king bed setup, as well as the direct connection with the Ritz Carlton. We strive to be the number one hotel in New Orleans, and look forward to seeing you and your family during your next trip to New Orleans!
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Larchmont, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place is wonderful. The people who work here, from the parking staff to those who checked you in, were VERY nice and helpful! the My husband and I were traveling with our 17 year old son. We had a suite with a door between the rooms. We all had plenty of space and didn't feel crowded. My husband wanted to stay at The Ritz Carlton (which is attached to the Marriot) but I felt this hotel was a much better value. The bed was very comfortable. There was a pull-out couch in the living room. There is a flat screen tv in each room. The bathroom was beautiful with a walk-in shower. We also had a bar sink if someone wanted to wash their hands when someone else was in the bathroom. They have a refrigerator and not a ridiculous minibar. If you have forgotten a toothbrush or want a soda, they have a little store that I believe is open 24 hours. There is a also CVS and a WALGREENS two blocks or so away on Canal st.

My husband is very into his workouts and found the gym at the Ritz to be amazing. It was only $10 per day to use it. They have a VERY basic gym in the Marriot but the equipment (treadmill, stepper, balls and relatively light free weights) was not suitable for those who engage in heavy duty workouts.

The hotel was close to everything and an easy walk to the outlets, aquarium, Cafe du Monde and The French Market. But, if you have difficulty walking, cabs were abundant and easy to flag down. The restaurants on Bourbon St (Which was just two blocks away) and most everywhere in NOLA were to die for. Our favorites: Acme, Bourbon House, Maximo (The bread is AMAZING) and Dickey Brennan's.

Room Tip: Get room near elevator for convenience. You have to take two different elevators to go from street t...
3 Thank SUEZEE7
Dear Suzee7,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard! It is great to hear our central location was perfect for your husband and son. I will be sure to recognize the entire team for a job well done, as providing exceptional service is our number one priority. We hope to see you again the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard.
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We just finished a 6 night stay at this hotel, the first room we were given was OK but I had explained to Ebony there was a couple of small issues she very kindly took the time to search for another room for us and upgraded us to a 2 king bed suite, It was the perfect room for my Son and I, we had so much space and the beds were super comfy. Ebony really cared and that is what blew me away. I have traveled all around the world and it makes the world of difference when the people at your home away from home really care and are genuine. The other lady who welcomed us home every night was Shelita both of these ladies deserve 5 stars. We felt very safe in the hotel and it was very modern and clean. It was a great feature that we could use the amenities at the Ritz which is actually connected and although the pool small it was a delight to be able to take a swim and go in the hot tub in a very tranquil spa. The hotel is in a prefect location crazy Bourbon is steps away, our favorite Street was Royal and at the back of the hotel is Canal which is great for walking down to riverside Mall. We would definitely return to this hotel on our next trip back to New Orleans :)

3 Thank Travelling67
Dear Travelling67,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard! I apologize you had some issues in your first room, however happy to hear Ebony was able to upgrade you to your satisfaction. I will be sure to acknowledge both Ebony and Sheilta on a job well done, as service is our number one priority at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. We look forward to see you again during your next trip to New Orleans.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The decor and size of the room was quite a pleasant surprise! The location so close to Bourbon Street is ideal. Hate the cost of parking, but that is expected in the quarter. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful! No complaints about this place, I woud stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kiasun711
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Kiasun711,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here and will come back to stay with us the next time you are in New Orleans. We very much look forward to have you as our guests again.

Kind regards,

Celeste B

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the 7th floor with a city view. WOW!!! The staff, especially Shelita was very professional, friendly and informative. She recommend the VIP City tour, which we did, and really enjoyed. Very informative (wished we had done sooner in our trip). Felt very safe here. Easy walk to Bourbon and Royal streets. We had a delightful and memorable visit♥

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda C
Dear Linda C.

I am so happy to hear about your trip to New Orleans and your stay with us! I'm glad to hear we were able to make you feel safe and comfortable, and that Shelita provided you with all the information you needed to make your trip enjoyable.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Dallas
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great professional and welcoming staff at every level (valet, bellmen, front desk, housekeeping). It is like coming home every time my hubby and I stay here. We had room 829, a two room king suite and it was very quite and super clean...no view, but we did not care about that. This is our go to NOLA hotel and my favorite Courtyard anywhere.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoInTexas
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear JoIn Texas,

Thank you for yet another great review! We are delighted that you have come back to stay with us and your stay was just as enjoyable as before.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with and excellent hotel experience each and every time, so when I hear that we have met your expectations I couldn’t be more happy.

Hope to have you again soon!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am from Louisiana and visit New Orleans ALOT so I have stayed in many hotels in the area and this Courtyard Marriott left me extremely satisfied! We were celebrating my mom's 64th birthday and the front desk staff were all very accomodating! My moms best friend is a large lady and when I asked front desk person, Ariana, about the size of the room and beds she upgraded us to a 2 bed king suite with a wet bar & small couch. It was perfect for the size of our party! Our luggage was taking a while to get to the room and I asked Ariana about it and she sent the bellhop to the room with it immediately! The elevators were a little confusing at first trying to go through the Ritz but once you figured it out, it was easily manuevered and not crowded. Oh, the shower was spectacular too! Nice big shower head and clean glass door and tile. Valet parking was a little tight with my monster truck but once we pulled in, they managed to wisk it away to park then returned it promptly when we checked out. Not a long wait at all for hotel check in or valet service.

1 Thank Brandi D
Dear Brandi D,

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your trip to NOLA! I am also pleased to hear that Ariana took great care of you and your party in getting you in to a room type that suited your needs. Our double king suite is perfect for groups like yours who don’t mind sharing a room, however can still benefit from the separation of the bedrooms.

We hope that you will continue to stay with us when you visit New Orleans! Also, happy belated birthday to your mom!

Kind regards,