Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel
Ranked #60 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is wonderful! It is close to everything yet far enough to hear the noise. It is completely updated with very nice furnishings. The pool is great. The staff is very accommodating. It is our new favorite hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

this was a excellent choice for me and my family, we were there for 5 days and was not ready to leave. If ever back in New Orleans I won't have to look far for a nice place to reside while I'm here.I took the time to do a review because I often read them to help me make a decision. Only one thing I didn't like but every h.tel now does it is a $20.00 or more to park in their parking lot. If you are there for more than three days I think there should be a charge. So only 1 complaint for a 5 day stay is pretty darn good,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here three nights. This hotel was fine for us but our travelling companions had a problem with their room and needed to move. They were originally placed in a room next to the lift. The lift is old and made a terrible racket when it went up and down which it did several times throughout the night. The lift also had a rather unpleasant smell. Our friends asked to be moved and they were given another room a fair way from the lift. Obviously this is a problem all people staying in this room would have. Our room was nicely furnished, comfortable and clean.

The breakfast is plentiful but I would have liked to have been given another choice of eggs other than scrambled such as fried eggs or omelettes.

My husband and I had a drink in the bar but we didn't get the most welcoming feeling so we decided to have our drinks outside around the pool after that. Don't get me wrong, the barman wasn't rude or anything but he appeared as though he would have preferred to remain talking at the end of the bar than serve us so going forward we chose to purchase our own wine and partake of it outside.

The position of the hotel is really good if you are wanting to visit Bourbon Street and the French Quarter.

The reception staff were very helpful when I asked about a doctor we may need during the night for our friend as he was ill however I was rather disappointed in being charged on my credit card for parking even after I asked at check out whether there was any money owing and was informed there wasn't anything. This incurred extra fees for me as we are not Americans and had conversion fees on our currency. I would have much preferred to have paid in cash on check out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flossygirl
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel was very clean, staff was excellent, the lounge and breakfast area was clean and cute. The morning breakfast was very good, gotta love those waffles! The pool was perfect for cooling off after a fun day of shopping and the fitness center was great for a quick workout. The location was within walking distance to all the French Quarter activities. Great place to stay!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A lovely room overlooking the pool area. Decorated in true southern style. Actually had a ceiling light! Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and it was a hot buffet. It was within walking distance of the French Quarter. The staff even advised which roads to walk along in the evenings. Right opposite a lovely park. The staff were very friendly. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool on the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The motel on the border of the French Quarters. You just walk out the door and turn left. It faces a beautiful park. At night it was quiet and easy to sleep. The rooms are beautifully decorated. There is a lounge where the bartender makes a perfect Bloody Mary. The front desk people are friendly and helpful. A great place to pass a little time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald M
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for a few days of relaxation in lovely New Orleans. This place pleasantly and completely exceeded our expectations. We've stayed at several Best Western Plus locations; this was the best. Spring for the couple of extra bucks to get a room overlooking the pool and courtyard you'll be glad you did.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chateau Hotel
#112 of 166 in New Orleans
Central Business District
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Best Western Plus St. Christophe...
#116 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel

Address: 920 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3011 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS French Quarter Landmark Hotel)
Region: United States > Louisiana > New Orleans > French Quarter
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
#58 Romantic Hotel in New Orleans
#68 Business Hotel in New Orleans
Price Range: £86 - £258 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western New Orleans