“Unique, consistent, just damn good”
Review of Sushi Brothers

Sushi Brothers
Ranked #656 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I've been eating Sushi in New Orleans since the '80's when the only place to go was Veteran's Blvd. Since then, the sushi scene has exploded and my loyalties have been roving. Sushi Brothers is my current favorite in town. They have unique offerings, they don't kill you with the famous fake crab salad filler trick, and they are consistent. I'm not crazy about the TV's always running in the dining room and the wait staff is not exactly polished, but the sushi is worth any annoyances. I hesitate to tell y'all, because they have become rightfully, quite popular. Located lower St. Charles. Often a wait for peak lunch hours. Not open Sunday.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Best sushi I've had in the states. My wife and I went there for lunch on a trip to NOLA. The sushi tasted outstanding with large portions for the price. Service was great. Our waters were filled multiple times and the food came quickly. We will definitely come back on our next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have been a loyal Sushi Bros customer for over a year now. It is my favorite neighborhood restaurant and I always recommend it to people and bring friends with me. Today I had the most disappointing customer service experience of my life. We placed a large take away order and when we went to pick up it, the waiter was extremely rude to us. We asked him to stop being rude to us because it made us not want to come back! His response was that he did not care if we came back and continued to have a bad attitude. The whole group was stunned at how we were treated. Unfortunately, this has left me never wanting to return or recommend it to anyone!!!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I've been coming here for a long time (since it was still Tokyo Bistro) and find the service excellent, the prices reasonable, and the food delicious. Lately (the past two times I've gone, in 2012) the rolls were a little sloppier and too spicy (they sneaked wasabi in a couple without it being in the menu description), but aside from those two times my rolls and sashimi have always been excellent. I LOVE - repeat - LOVE their fresh salmon sashimi: it's what turned me on to eating sashimi. Generous serving and beautifully sliced. Crunchy dynamite roll is great, as are all the non-sushi options. My friend is a huge fan of their beef tataki. Convenient location and very fast service. I recommend. But please, whoever the new sushi guy is, don't put extra wasabi in the rolls unless it's part of the description! And customers, you may want to specify this if you're not a wasabi fan.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We ate at this restaurant and were fussed at by the manager (owner?) when we asked to pack our food and leave because two drunk men were at the next table: one was throwing up and the other one almost fell on us. The manager had just brought them a liquor and drunk with them minutes before, while they were obviously already intoxicated. The worst treatment we ever had in New Orleans!