“come here for great sandwiches and beer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tracey's
Ranked #503 of 1,919 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Dallas, GA
“come here for great sandwiches and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our cab driver suggested this place, and he was so right! It's a fairly large, airy bar. Our group had crawfish and a couple of different sandwiches and beer. All just great! If you like delish pub food with your beer, go here!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Tracey is my wife also”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

When your wife is named Tracey and you go to NO, you must visit Traceys Bar every time you go. It is a small bar with food and a few tables outside. The decor could really use some updating, especially the bathrooms, they are pityful. but that does not matter if you just came to drink and pee. The food is average and the service is good. Just another bar in NO to visit, if you don't have a wife named Tracey you could probably just pass on it.

2 Thank Chris5038
New York
“Crawfish boil with no frills but enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was a little surprised that this was the place my friends had chosen for lunch since it is definitely a dive. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the entire experience. The atmosphere was very relaxed and another diner even showed us how to eat crawfish (I guess it was obvious that we were first timers). The best part of all was how reasonably priced our meal was. One $10 crawfish boil fed three of us.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Tasty crawfish, but dirty with poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were drawn into Tracy's as it was just down the street from where we were staying. It was Thursday, crawfish boil day, so we decided to give it a try. The restaurant was dark and dingy. We went to the counter to order and were told that we need to go get a ticket from the bar. We went to the bar to get a ticket for the crawfish and two drinks. It took a while to be acknowledged by the bar tender. She made our drinks (not bad) and gave us the ticket for the crawfish. I took the ticket back to the food window, where I was rudely directed outside to get the crawfish, as they were being cooked out on the sidewalk. I went outside and was given a scoop of crawfish. The cook then scooped the potatoes and corn onto the tray with his bare hands, yuck. The crawfish were tasty, although I was left less than thrilled. Not a place that I would want to return.

Miami, Florida
“Yeah, it's a dive. But a good dive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Yes, it's a dive. But it's a friendly dive. We stopped in because our friends wanted some crawfish and they were boiling them right outside this place. I don't do crawfish, so I ordered from their menu.

The food is good and the drinks are better. The place is loud and you sit at communal tables. If you're lucky, you get friendly folks sitting next to you and you can chit chat. The prices are great for both food and drinks.

Don't go in expecting the Ritz and white table cloths and you'll be ok.

Visited April 2014