“Yummy”
Review of Mia's Balcony - CLOSED

Mia's Balcony
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Wonderful food and service, reviews can be found on Yelp and urbanspoon, disregard the negative comments - it's a wonderful new restaurant in New Orleans!
Pensacola, Florida
“Yummy”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner at Mia's after a friend recommended we try it. The lamb chop were perfectly cooked. The hummus was the best I have had. We really enjoyed the crab cake appetizer. Glad we tried Mia's.

1 Thank needavaca1

Columbus, Indiana
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Came back to NOLA for another vacation and had to go back to Mia's. I had noticed recently that the restaurant had new owners, but was happy to see the menu was basically the same. It was possibly our worst dining experience ever. First of all, the place was totally empty (that should have been a big enough warning) and there were no waitresses, just some guy, who we could tell didn't want us there. We ordered the char-grilled oysters and they came out half cooked. When we mentioned this, the guy told us the cook was just in a hurry! Couldn't get the awful taste out of our mouths the rest of the night. Ordered the shrimp creole and he brought out a bowl of sauce with about five tiny little shrimp swimming around. I told him that was unacceptable and he assured me I was wrong, he said it was delicious. All the food seemed to be sitting around in a warmer all night. This place has gone downhill in a hurry, too many great places in New Orleans to go, this place should be avoided at all cost!

1 Thank Kevin D
niland, ca
“First time I ever walked out...”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

of a restaurant. We were the only people in the restaurant and we had to go looking for the waitstaff. When I finally found someone they went on a tirade against me for looking for him and complaining that he was on the phone instead of serving his only customers. Got up and walked out. Paid for the drinks we had already received and left.

New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid it!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife had a Groupon for Mia's Bacony. I had already read multiple negative reviews about the restaurant, but we decided to give it a try after all. Bad idea. Within 10 minutes of seating ourselves, a waiter came out and said that he saw that we had a coupon, and that the owner had decided that they were no longer accepting coupons. We said ok, see ya later. Not sure how a place such as this remains in business.

1 Thank Richard M
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“what a shame such a pretty restaurant has bad food and bad service!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We went there because Sushi Bros. next door was closed (Sunday), and we said "it's a pretty outdoor restaurant, let's try something new!" Bad idea... Tasteless instant grits and chewy piece of dry veal were a very poor imitation of "grits and grillades," an old New Orleans specialty. Waiter took our order and disappeared for 30 minutes before dropping off the food and drinks. Never checked on how the food was, offered us refills on water, or more cocktails. Such a shame that such a pretty little restaurant failed at the basics. They are new and I doubt they will survive in New Orleans' market.