“One Step above Gag”
Review of Fiorella's Cafe

Fiorella's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Fiorella's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #647 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The location has character if you like eating a junky bar/cafe. Food was below fair, chicken was HOT (temp) the rest of the food was not quite cold. Mens room floor was slippery, no towels - wonder how employees get hands washed. Made me question the sanitation issue throughout. Sorry but never again. In a city with great fried chicken in clean inviting places this place is a no go... Coops down the street has a similar set up but miles above this place.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Made the mistake of going there for lunch instead of dinner. I think they had a different cook because the chicken did not taste the same. I must say the red beans and rice with sausage was tasty. Our server looked like he was sleepwalking. Next time if there is a next time.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I googled for a veggie-friendly place and this was listed as one of the places. It was even highly recommended by some. Unfortunately, with such high expectations, I was disappointed only because the it looked like a cheap Italian restaurant and what the restaurant lacked in quality it more than [unnecessarily] made up for it in its portion size. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad food, it was just passable.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We ate dinner here based on our guidebooks recommendation and were disappointed. I think we may be partly to blame based on what we ordered, but nonetheless it was the most disappointing meal of the weekend. They said they were famous for the fried chicken which was average at best. The Italian food looked much better but we won't return to find out. There are too many good options around the area.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We walked by this place while shopping down by the market and saw a couple of young men eating some delicious looking crispy chicken. We asked them if it was as good as it looked and they all said "Oh yea". We returned to Fiorella's the next day for lunch. All I cared about was having a breast while my husband ordered 2 wings and a thigh & our friend ordered a wing & a thigh. There were signs posted on the wall that the food would be cooked to order & our waitress told us the same. We enjoyed the "not so fancy" atmosphere of the restaurant while having a couple of beers. It's a little eclectic, I guess you might say. The chicken was well worth the way. It was crispy, and moist, even the beast I ordered was great. Try it!

1  Thank natnpr