“late night eats”
Review of Fiorella's Cafe

Fiorella's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Fiorella's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #756 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I went in here for some after hours eats on our last night in town. Not much on the eyes and we pretty much walked in when they were trying to close. But they stayed open begrudgingly, but by the time the food came my wife, myself, and the last couple of employees were all laughing and talking away. They even were surprised to hear we were from CT as evidently they had never met friendly people from our state lol no joke. I ordered the fried chicken and my wife had the gumbo. Chicken was probably best fried chicken I've had and we'll just say that i'm no stranger to fried chicken. The gumbo was also excellent. Stick to the basics and you should understand the good reviews.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently re-visited Fiorella's after a 10-year absence from the beautiful city of New Orleans. Based on my memory, my dinner companion and I ordered one fried chicken plate and one pasta with meatball. We sat at the bar, had the drink special (blue maragaritas) and completely enjoyed the entire experience. Any time we eat out since then, we sigh "But it's not fried chicken!". It's older, a little shabby, but absolutely delicious. The fried chicken was perfect and the pasta had a spicy sauce with a giant, tasty meatball. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to use a restaurant.com certificate. Prices were high. Restaurant not at all clean. Restrooms filthy. They were out of most everything we ordered and service was terrible.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We like the fried chicken, any of their pasta dishes and hamburger. I gave it a 4 because once they were out of French fries.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was the most horrible experience I have ever endured in a restaurant.
I am a General Manager at a well known restaurant in New Orleans, so for me to leave this type of review is unheard of.
I would literally fire everyone who works here, except the hostess.
Me and my business partner waited over an hour for 1 sandwich and fries.
The chicken on the sandwich was over cooked and dry.
The fries were so cold we didn't eat them.
When I asked for some warm fries, I was informed it would be a 15 minute wait because the kitchen was backed up. Oh my goodness is this real life. There was 3 other tables in the restaurant.
The staff was a nightmare. I was embarrassed because I am a New Orleans native who is in this industry.
My advise is do not eat at this place. Do not waste your time, for it will only be a huge disappointment and stressful.
They need Restaurant Impossibles help at this point, and if the back of the house can't get warm fries out they need to re-staff that entire restaurant.
The front of the house ran around playing and laughing while patrons sat for 30-55 minutes with-out a drink, UNEXCEPTABLE
The date we visited was 4-12-2014 at 2pm.
Please NO visitors due yourself a favor and BY-PASS this place. We have hundreds of amazing restaurants to offer you.

2  Thank Lifejourn