“Best Flight experience of my life!”

Flight Academy of New Orleans
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Fly a Plane in New Orleans: No Experience or...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: New Orleans By Air. Just Plane Fun! New Orleans Aerial Tours & Flight Training is proud to be located in one of the most unique, authentic, and mysterious cities in the U.S., New Orleans. It is our desire to capture the heart and soul of the city that we call home from the sky. In the city shaped like a crescent, it gets tricky finding your way around. Let us put it all in perspective for you. From the bayou to the Dome, from the river to the lake, from the cemeteries to the mouth of the river, from the Quarter to the Spanish Plaza, you can capture it all in one flight. Come see your favorite local landmarks, neighborhoods, and other cultural gems from the air!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife surprised me with a demo Flight at the Flight Academy, and it was an experience that I will never forget. We arrived at the Flight Academy, and were greeted by a very friendly staff along with my instructor (Patrick), I believe that was his name. At any rate, he began by giving me a walk around and overview of the Cessna 172 that we would be flying. He was very helpful and instructive. He thoroughly explained the flight controls and instrument panel. Once we were in the air, he gave me the flight controls and let me maneuver the plane in the practice area. It's hard to explain the thrill an excitement I felt in just one review. This is something that you just have to experience for yourself and that I would highly recommend for anyone that is interested in flying!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
in 19 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Its was a beautiful day and the ride was awesome. I recommend everyone try it. The view is fantastic and its a great introduction to flying if you are so inclined.

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 17 February 2014

You don't have to live in Colorado to get the best legal "high" ever! My friend bought me a Living Social gift coupon for an introductory flight that included a brief "ground instruction" and 45 minutes in the air. When I walked into their extremely clean and comfortable office & waiting area, I was greeted by two very professional and friendly staff members. My flight instructor was Louis and he was fabulous! His laid back demeanor and passion for flying made him the perfect instructor for me. As we prepared to take our flight, Louis included me in the preflight check of the airplane. Once inside the plane Louis explained the controls and what would be happening at takeoff and during the flight. Although the plane was small, (a two seat Cessna 152) it seemed fairly spacious once we were airborne. And the best part...when we were in the "training area" Louis handed the controls over to me! I was flying! Seeing NOLA from above adds another perspective of this beautiful city. As we lined up for our approach back to the airport (with Louis back at the controls), I was wishing we could fly around for hours! Our landing was "bounce" free and very smooth. Back in the office I was given a packet of information about flight lessons with no pressure to sign up. But there was no need for pressure as I am planning on becoming a student at the Flight Academy of New Orleans as soon as I can!

I would recommend the Flight Academy of Nola for anyone who is considering flying lessons or would just like to take a tour over the Crescent City. You'll love it!

1  Thank Carmen P
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Bought a groupon for a 30 minute tour. The check in process was super quick. We got in the air around 5pm in early November, which was nice because we caught the sunset right as it dipped below the horizon, but it was still light enough to see the buildings and the city. Our flight instructor was David-- he was very friendly, super cool. Beautiful views. Landing was smooth!

1  Thank snaorhaeha