We wanted to stay near the French Quarters but also wanted to be far enough away so the activity would not keep us awake into the early morning hours. The Drury Inn met this requirement. It was an easy 3 block walk to the French Quarters. We were with another couple and felt very safe walking after dark. The next morning we walked to several other tourist areas including Cafe Du Monde and Katrina Museum. Many good restaurants within walking distance, and there is a street car stop across the street . We were in a 2 bedroom suite (722) which quite roomy. The bathroom was large and had a jacuzzi. We didn't have much of a view but we didn't stay in the room that long so it wasn't a requirement for us. The breakfast and evening reception was the usual Drury style and quite adequate. Front desk staff was quite friendly. We found a good price through the Drury e-Saver site. There is a $17 per night fee for parking. Definitely would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans