“REALLY GOOD!”

Ranked #4 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Hamburg
“REALLY GOOD!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My family and me stayed at this hotel for the first time. The people were very friendly. The hotel is very good located. And we loved the afternoon brunch. We drank some wine, ate some veggies and had a great time in the hotel. I also enjoyed the hotel pool SO MUCH! It is a little old, but it is just great!, great temperature, nice view.... and the jacuzzi is also nice!... I would definitively stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were in the corner and it was silent!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank viajarEsVivir-ok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Drury Inn for 3 nights. I was assigned a corner room on the 6th fl that had two exposures of Poydras street. I was very satisfied with the room. It was quiet (some minor street noise), very well appointed, had a nice whirlpool type jet tub, and the TV channel selection was decent. The room was clean and well cared for. The hotel was very nice, had some character, and was close to most of what people want to see when visiting New Orleans. However, it was a few blocks from most of those attractions, which I didn’t mind, but someone who wants to be in the thick of the action might find it disappointing being in the business district where the hotel is. The walk to the waterfront or Bourbon Street was about 6 blocks and felt safe even at night.

The free food and drink was a big plus. The breakfast offerings met all my expectations. Well-cooked scrambled eggs, waffles, bagels, etc. The afternoon happy hour selection was weaker. The hot dogs were consistently under cooked and somewhat unattractive in appearance. I would say ‘beef’ was either non-existent or way down on the ingredients listing. The other foods were satisfactory, but nothing off the charts. Hey, but this was all free, so I can’t subtract points. But if you plan on feasting your physician will take exception with your meal choices.

In a general sense, based on observations at various times during my midweek visit, this hotel tends to attract a somewhat older crowd….say vacationing retirees. I only saw 1 child during my 3 day visit and limited people in their 40’s or less.

My only real issue with the hotel was the ‘fitness center’. It literally consisted of 2 treadmills and a bike. Nothing else. If a hotel advertises offering such an amenity, I don’t think such a limited offering qualifies. While there was a sign up suggesting an improved offering will be forthcoming when the new hotel wing is complete, that didn’t help me on my visit and I only consider hotels that offer such because I plan on using them. I wasn’t able to here.

All in all, I was satisfied with my stay despite the fitness center misrepresentation. I would not hesitate to select the Drury on a future stay.

Room Tip: My guess is that my room on the Poydras St side on a higher floor was as good as you could get. It...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KatzNYC
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with excelent rooms - big ,clean , with everything we needed. Very nice free breakfast and they offer some complimentary beverages and lunchs during the day. They have good staffs . The location is a little bit far away from the french quarter but not so bad. I would defenitly come back.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The hotel was very nice, within walking distance of alot of the places we wanted to go. Just a couple blocks from the stadium, French Quarter, and the river. Very quiet and very clean! We always get the 2 room suites, with fridge and microwave, 2 tvs. Always ask for away from elevator if possible

Room Tip: Farthest from the elevator, the 2 room suites are awesome if your are staying more than one night!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Family members have stayed in this hotel before and loved it. With my recent stay, I concur wholeheartedly!

Drury Inn New Orleans should definitely be considered on your next trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, Saints game or a trip when you plan to frequent Uptown as much as Downtown. Its location allows for you to painlessly and easily access Uptown and Audubon Zoo area via S Claiborne Ave (a MUST during Mardi Gras) as well as walk to anything in the CBD and Warehouse District. For the French Quarter, you might want to walk to the Riverwalk and take the river tram or take a cab/pedi-cab.

The lobby area is pretty with old Southern charm and well-kept. Breakfast and Kickback food/drink services are well worth the price of the stay; food and drink were plentiful and filling. Some of the common area in the lower lobby and hallways needed a good vacuuming, but for the most part, all is kept tidy and clean.

Rooms are nicely sized with adequate amenities and are clean. Our room (407) showed little sign of wear and tear other than the sconces between the beds did not work (switch broken). The beds are fine for a couple of nights, but longing for your bed at home will soon set in. The bedding and linens as well as bathroom towels are nothing special but do the job.

Management is where the Drury Inn New Orleans really excels. Slade, the manager and "johnny on the spot", runs his hotel with a constant eye on customer service. During our stay, the valet (outside contractor) lost our car keys for two days. For this inconvenience, Slade and his staff (including the valet) took care of taxi service for our group and made sure we were well compensated for our trouble. Needless to say, the actions of management in this situation will always make me consider the Drury Inn New Orleans first on all future trips to my favorite city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jcdato
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Drury Inn & Suites is on great location: just a few blocks to French Quarter, Superdome, Riverwalk & Warehouse District so you can take a short walk to all those places.

We stayed on the 6th floor in a 2 room suite with 1 king bed. The king bed was perfect for sleeping, but the sofa bed was not. We asked for an extra mattress as the sofa was too hard to sleep. The mattresses were absolutely too old and flat for sleeping.

The bathroom was okay as well as the free WiFi, which didn't need any usernames or passwords.

The breakfast was good with hot and cold food. The Kickback starts at 5:30 pm and is a great way to relax with a few drinks and snacks before going out in the evening.

Check-in and check-out were quick and staff at the reception was extremely helpful all the time. Would definetely stay there at Drury again – but avoiding the sofa bed.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors, the tram on the street is quite noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelWithKristiina
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Hotel needs some updating but we really enjoyed our stay. We had a suite which was a king bedroom and separate living area with a fold-out couch. Very comfortable for 2 adults and 2 kids.

We took advantage of the free breakfast in the morning and it was very good. We were traveling with family including 3 kids and the evening "snacks" were fantastic! The menu changed every night for the nights were were there. The complimentary drinks were small but they were free so no complaints! There was enough food and variety that it was dinner for the kids and we were able to either leave them at the hotel (older kids with a teenager to babysit) while we took advantage of NOLA's great restaurants or take them with us and just let them order dessert so were weren't spending a lot of money on the kids in the nicer restaurants.

The front-desk staff was wonderful. Wish I could remember the name of the lady that helped us. She worked with us before our arrival to find the best tours for our group and followed up with us frequently during our stay. All staff that we encountered were very helpful and friendly.

The pool area is small and can get very crowded but it was fine to let the kids expend some energy and sit outside for a while.

Room Tip: The first suite we were in had no windows. Make sure you ask for a room with windows.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family