“Very kid-friendly and many free amenities in a nice hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I love the Drury brand hotels. When I went here for a convention with my wife and kids I knew the first place I would reserve a room is the Drury. And it was what I expected from a Drury. It had the free popcorn and drinks from 3-10 pm, free hot breakfast in the morning and free supper in the evenings. Plus, it was in a great location, with a street car stop within a few steps from the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,078)

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Hotel is located in a good neighborhood just 3 blocks from the thick of it. Far enough so you can go to bed away from the craziness. Reasonable prices especially considering all of the amenities and great staff. Added bonus, our front desk staff member during check out is the one from the Drury YouTube video of the hotel. Like meeting a minor celebrity.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel is well located with an easy walk (15 minutes) to the French Quarter and on the trolley line. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Service personnel are very gracious and helpful. Small coin laundry on the second level. Hot breakfast and snacks in the afternoon as well as popcorn and pop available in the lobby until 10pm. The only caveat is that the street side rooms are quite noisy as the trolley line passes on the street outside and seemed to run all night.

Room Tip: try to get a room on non-street side
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We travel across the country a lot and ever since our first experience at the New Orleans Drury Inn we pretty much plan our trip overnights around access to Dury Inns. Every one has been exceptionally clean and beautifully maintained, with service personnel who are competent AND friendly. (Imagine that!) In addition they have a great breakfast with lots of choices that can even be taken along for an early breakfast on the road. In the evening they have a "snack" buffet that is more than any person who may be sitting in a car for several hours should eat. It also comes with a couple drinks to help sleep come a little easier. Popcorn and drinks (sodas and teas) are also available all day long. WiFi is free and actually accessible. In New Orleans we left something plugged into our hybrid car and the batteries died. But within a few minutes we got a portable charger from the front desk and the problem was solved. The hotel is also within walking distance of one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants. We highly recommend Drudy Inns, especially in New Orleans.

Room Tip: We have never had a room we didn't like.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My family and me stayed at this hotel for the first time. The people were very friendly. The hotel is very good located. And we loved the afternoon brunch. We drank some wine, ate some veggies and had a great time in the hotel. I also enjoyed the hotel pool SO MUCH! It is a little old, but it is just great!, great temperature, nice view.... and the jacuzzi is also nice!... I would definitively stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were in the corner and it was silent!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank viajarEsVivir-ok
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Drury Inn for 3 nights. I was assigned a corner room on the 6th fl that had two exposures of Poydras street. I was very satisfied with the room. It was quiet (some minor street noise), very well appointed, had a nice whirlpool type jet tub, and the TV channel selection was decent. The room was clean and well cared for. The hotel was very nice, had some character, and was close to most of what people want to see when visiting New Orleans. However, it was a few blocks from most of those attractions, which I didn’t mind, but someone who wants to be in the thick of the action might find it disappointing being in the business district where the hotel is. The walk to the waterfront or Bourbon Street was about 6 blocks and felt safe even at night.

The free food and drink was a big plus. The breakfast offerings met all my expectations. Well-cooked scrambled eggs, waffles, bagels, etc. The afternoon happy hour selection was weaker. The hot dogs were consistently under cooked and somewhat unattractive in appearance. I would say ‘beef’ was either non-existent or way down on the ingredients listing. The other foods were satisfactory, but nothing off the charts. Hey, but this was all free, so I can’t subtract points. But if you plan on feasting your physician will take exception with your meal choices.

In a general sense, based on observations at various times during my midweek visit, this hotel tends to attract a somewhat older crowd….say vacationing retirees. I only saw 1 child during my 3 day visit and limited people in their 40’s or less.

My only real issue with the hotel was the ‘fitness center’. It literally consisted of 2 treadmills and a bike. Nothing else. If a hotel advertises offering such an amenity, I don’t think such a limited offering qualifies. While there was a sign up suggesting an improved offering will be forthcoming when the new hotel wing is complete, that didn’t help me on my visit and I only consider hotels that offer such because I plan on using them. I wasn’t able to here.

All in all, I was satisfied with my stay despite the fitness center misrepresentation. I would not hesitate to select the Drury on a future stay.

Room Tip: My guess is that my room on the Poydras St side on a higher floor was as good as you could get. It...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KatzNYC
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Nice hotel with excelent rooms - big ,clean , with everything we needed. Very nice free breakfast and they offer some complimentary beverages and lunchs during the day. They have good staffs . The location is a little bit far away from the french quarter but not so bad. I would defenitly come back.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple