“Best Place in NOLA”

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I visited during Essence Festival this weekend. It was raining hard when I arrive and the valet were helpful as I drove up. The service at the front desk was courteous and welcoming. The lobby is time treasure was some contemporary elements. I did have an opportunity to sit in this beautiful decorated area. The room was ready before our original check-in time which was bonus because it was around lunchtime. The room was cozy and updated with modern decor. The suite was comfortable and enjoy the views of the city from the 8th floor. The breakfast and kickback food in the evening was accommodating especially if we did not have time to go some place to eat. Having the options of breakfast and evening food was also great especially since it rained so much this weekend. It is also close to everything. It is about 9 blocks from the convention center and about 5 blocks from the superdome. The French Quarter was about 7 blocks away.....so you don't need your car to go to restaurants or shopping. I will be definitely staying again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We live only a few hours from New Orleans, so we decided to take a quick overnight trip. We didn't want to spend much, but location was important. This hotel offers a decent continental breakfast and reasonably priced parking. We were warmly greeted, our questions were thoughtfully answered, and we were unexpectedly given a free upgrade to a suite without request. The hotel was clean and fresh, despite the fact that they are one of few hotels that still has a smoking section. The only time we faced the stale cigarette smell was when we walked through to the top floor hallway on our way to the small, but well-maintained pool on the roof. The cool factor for the kids was the best part of our stay. If you're looking for a midrange hotel located on the streetcar line and near popular attractions, I highly recommend this site.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2013

After getting frustrated with the Embassy Suites, we had heard about Drury Inn from friends who traveled down south quite often. Our cruise returned a little early, so we decided to see if we could check in at 10 am, the check inn person was very nice, but Renaldo told us that our room was not ready. So, I asked could we get a bite to eat nearby and he told me that they still had breakfast food available. So the family and enjoyed ancient breakfast of eggs, waffles and sausages. They had a really selection of food.

While we waited for our room we met a few nice couples who were there for a family reunion.
Our room was ready at 2:45, the down time was well spent. After checking in my wife noticed that the bathroom toilet was leaking and spewing water, so I ran downstairs to notify the front desk.

A maintenance guy showed up within five minutes to repair the leak. While the leak was being the repaired, I told the receptionist that the water was now in the carpet. The receptionist offered us a new room, which we gladly accepted.

The room was very nice and spacious, the receptionist went out of her way to make sure that were comfortable.

There was a free dinner meal. It was not bad if you had a young family and wanted to save a few bucks. The free food consisted of hot dogs, Mac and cheese, chicken tenders, etc. a lot of families were taking this option. I decided to eat elsewhere for dinner.

Also, the hotel offered three free drinks, alcohol at dinner time.

The price couldn't be beat for what was offered. This place is worth every penny and you will not be disappointed. I will no longer stay at Embassy Suites when there is a Drury Inn in the same city.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this Drury Inn. The first time was with my husband during Mardi Gras a couple years ago; this visit, I took my 3 teenagers. While nothing fancy, Drury Inn has a lot going for it. It's within walking distance - 4 or 5 blocks -- to the Quarter, yet far enough away that you won't hear drunk, screaming college outside your room. The lobby is nicely appointed and the rooms are attractive in their traditional décor. I was concerned that the room wouldn't be large enough for my clan, but it was perfect. We had 2 double beds (I got one, the girls shared the other) and I also requested a cot for my son. The double beds were a bit small for my 16 yr olds to share but they made do.

As prior reviewers stated, there's a happy hour from 5:30-7, and if you have little ones there is plenty of kid fare. If you wanted, you could make a dinner our of it. (But when you have so many fabulous restaurants right outside your door, why would you?!) I took advantage of the wine, but my kids decided to stay in the room and stare at their iphones. They hotel also offers a hearty free breakfast each morning and free soda/popcorn. After our dinner at Dragos (which I'm going to review next), we went to the rooftop pool. Unfortunately, the pool was very small and couldn't comfortably accommodate more than about 6-8 people. So after a bit we went back to our room.

Despite that little wrinkle, Drury Inn is a family friendly place that offers a lot of value for the money.

1  Thank gemmom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I was worried about finding nice lodging in the downtown area that was pet friendly. We totally scored with this one! Our suite was huge, the jacuzzi and bathroom very nice, the bedroom was totally dark and the king bed and linens perfect. I should also say that the Front Desk personnel were outstanding, as well as Housekeeping and Valet.
We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go but did enjoy a pedicab ride to dinner one night, because we could. :)
This hotel was shiny clean and we felt very welcome. A park is just around the corner for the pups (nice) and the manager even called to make sure we were enjoying our stay. I joined Drury's travel club and will stay with them again. We were completely pleased with all aspects of our stay.

Room Tip: Suite with interior bedroom - dark, quiet and cool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Libba B
Reviewed 28 June 2013

You will walk couple of blocks to the french quater but it's worth it. This hotel has caracter, is clean, and dog friendly. The staff was very helpfull with directions, tours, restaurants info, and taxis. Breakfast was good; fresh & decent. The pool area is not that big but the view is beautiful it's a "city view", the pool is located in the roof so is surrounded by buildings. There is no safe in the rooms that was the only thing I did not like about this hotel, other then that it was good.

Room Tip: You will have a better view in the higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here for a family vacation. The beds were soft and the pillows were phenomenal...so soft to sleep on. With a family of five we enjoyed saving money by eating the complimentary breakfast and the late afternoon happy hour. My kids really loved the free popcorn and soda pop in the afternoons. I wish the bathrooms had an exhaust vent but maybe they don't because the building seems rather dated. The rooms were not exceptionally clean. We found candy bar wrappers, etc. under the bed. I think they must pick and choose where to vacuum. I really liked the amenity shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower. What a great idea to reduce waste from all those little plastic hotel shampoo bottles! All in all I would stay here again. The staff was super friendly and the location was great.