I stayed at the Drury Inn checking in on July 4th and stayed 4 nights. This hotel is clean and well maintained. The people that work here ALL seem to be friendly and helpful. Check in was painless. I was able to check in early before noon. The breakfast is nice. They have more than the average hotel breakfast. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, Oatmeal, potatos, waffle makers along with the normal fruit, cold cereral, yogurt type items. The afternoon kick back food is nice. Hot dogs,, check tenders, etc. This hotel is perfect for a large family with lots of kids. You can save money with the free meals and drinks. The free drinks are nice, not a big selection alcohol wise. A few types of wine and beer, vodka, bloody marys, tonic water, orange juice is about the extent of the alcohol. Its free, so just go with the flow!! Popcorn and pop in the afternoon also. Our room was on the 8th floor facing Carondelet street and had a nice view. Not much street noise. Room had double beds and was nice. High ceilings and large windows. Comfy beds. No exhaust in the bathroom. Housekeeping met expectations. The hotel is on Poydras which is in the business district so you will have to walk to get to the action of Canal street and the French Quarter. French quarter was about 5 or 6 blocks straight up Carondelet. We walked it LATE at night/EARLY morning and had no problem. Didn't feel unsafe. Trolley car line is at the corner. Stadium is about 5 or 6 blocks up the street. They have 2 computers in the lobby with printers. I had no problems with them. Also an ATM. $3 ATM charge. Nice sitting area to relax in the lobby and downstairs. The location isn't THAT bad. If you want to see a lot, then there will be a lot of walking or trolley riding. Cabs are plentiful and the front desk will call you a cab which I recommend. Unless you are VERY picky, high class type and expect EVERY little thing to be perfect, just about anyone should like this hotel and be satisfied. Its not 5 star Sheraton fancy, but not a Motel 6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans