“Exceeds expectations”

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Drury during our recent trip to New Orleans. We have been to New Orleans several times and this was our first time staying out of the quarter. I have to admit I was nervous about this hotel from the pictures, but it was by far the best hotel we have stayed in for awhile! The customer service was outstanding. From the front desk to the food area everyone was amazing! They were all very friendly. The manager in the food area helped us serveral times! He was so friendly to our kids and always smiling. He even helped my daughter after she sent frog beads flying in all directions. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, and it was within great walking distance to everything. The free appetizers and drinks at night were a great bonus! Pool and hot tub on the roof never got busy during our stay and the temperature of the water was great! We had a fantastic trip and this will be our hotel of choice when visiting New Orleans from now on.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Orlandobound88
Write a ReviewReviews (2,036)

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Drury is easy to get to and it is in a great location for the French Quarter and the Warehouse District. It is near lots of super expensive hotels, and the Drury is clean and comfortable and at least half the price of the W or the Intercontinental. There are great restaurants within walking distrance to the hotel. I am really happy with the hotel, I'm glad I didn't stay in the French Quarter.

Room Tip: If your room doesn't face the big street it might be better. I heard no noise and I wasn't...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank SFvisiter
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I loved the Drury Hotel. The 5:30 Kickback is very good to eat. The room is very nice and clean. You can walk to all the attractions right from the hotel. The pool is never busy and the hot tub is clean. The people who work there are very nice and will talk to you. You can also go to the workout room too. It is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter
2  Thank Cole L
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the Drury Inn for a quick "before school starts." The Drury was priced great for our stay and close to the sites. Since we had kids (2, 6, & 13) with us, we didn't do the night life, but the Drury was close to all the family attraction too. (But if you are going for adult fun, it is close to that also). The St. Charles Streetcar was right outside the door and we were a short walk from the Children's Museum and the Aquarium.

The only bad think I can say about this Inn is that the parking is offsite (but they are building a new parking garage) and if you don't call down for your car, it could take a while to get it. The parking was $25, which is cheaper than most hotels I have stayed at in downtown NOLA.

The breakfast was great and the evening "dinner" was a great pocket saver. The kids had fun eating in the lobby. The free drinks that were offered the the adults was a real treat. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The room was clean and well maintained. I didn't smell anything like some of the other reviews say. The beds were very comfortable but are really soft. I tend to like harder beds, but it was not so bad that I couldn't sleep.

4  Thank imapoohbear
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed for one night on the way home to Texas from a vaca in FL. We rented a room with two doubles for one night. The room was average with high ceilings. The room smelled musty (maybe from the curtains?) The hotel is remodeling, which it does need updating, and we were put in a corner room facing the construction zone on all sides of us. Not given an option for a further room away, we would have opted for that; however, we were woken up very early to the sounds of hammering, drilling, and 100% construction. I called nicely and spoke to Star about our issue and it was kindly taken care of. I was extremely happy with the service from all staff. Each person I approached was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank grayfish4
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Everything at the Drury Inn was great. We had a very nice room, the food was good, and drinks were great. The front desk was helpful and even set up a swamp tour for us.

Valet parking was $25/night, but this cost was stated to us upfront -- before we booked. Valet service was quick when we took it, but they did ask that we call about 15 minutes ahead of time.

It is 4-5 blocks off Bourbon Street, which is not a bad walk at all. We took a bike-cab back to our hotel from the French Market (by Central Grocery) and it was $18. Fun for the kids and a nice way to not have to walk in the heat.

The pool was nice and was never full. Each time we went up, day and night, there were only four to five other kids in the pool or hot tub.

We would stay again.

Happy traveling!

3  Thank MikeandCarrie
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed 3 nights at Drury Inn and Suites. It was our first time visiting NOLA and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is very clean and pretty when first entering the lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with the room's cleanliness and size. The hotel's kickback from 5:30-7:00 is quite nice. We each were able to get 3 drinks (your choice of wine, bud light, and a few mixed drinks) as well as munch on a variety of food, slightly changing each night. Breakfast was nice; scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereal, and waffles. The hotel was located a couple blocks from Canal Street and the French Quarter. The St. Charles Street car runs right by the hotel which is very convenient. Check-in and check-out were easy and the valet was friendly and efficient. Overall, no complaints and we will certainly stay again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple