“Just far enough away”

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 7 June 2014

a beautifully converted former phone swithboarding building with character retained . The rooms are plenty large enough and well furnished. We had an upper floor with a view up Poydras St and it was very quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful and the free morning breakfast had many options plus they offered a free snack and drinks at 5pm which fills the gap until the later evening dining. A really great feature to us is that it was an easy 5-8 min walk to Canal and Boubon action but when you have had enough then the quiet follows you back to the hotel. Will be returning and staying with Drury

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan D
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded when we made reservations and it didn't stop there. Every employee we have come across was polite and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful, and best of all very clean. The Drury provides some of the best extras at no additional cost. From the snack and drinks to the kick back happy hour, and breakfast. We will definitely come back to the Drury.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Drury on Poydras is a clean hotel with a pleasant staff and great perks, but the valet service is as slow as I have seen. I called down 20 minutes before I was to leave, felt bad that I called down so early and found that I had to wait 15 more minutes despite there being no other guest waiting.

4  Thank Larry M
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our clean hotel and our pleasant team members. Also, please accept my sincere apology regarding the delay in Valet. I havegood news... within the next couple of months, the construction of the new parking garage will be complete, and the valet team will no longer have to park cars offsite! I know this does not help with your recent stay, but I truly hope we have another opportunity to take care of your lodging needs, and show you a more efficient Valet system.

Thank you for choosing the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans!
Patrick Dettwiller

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed seven nights at this property. The Drury Inn has an exceptional staff, beginning with the General Manager, Patrick. He is always on site, and available. He is personable, and caring. He treats each and every guest like family. The entire staff are well trained, professional, polite and friendly. The bartender, Kevin makes your stay a pleasant experience. At the front desk Aliya, Erin, Renaldo and Kristen go out their way to make a guest feel welcome and cared for. The asst. manager assisted us in arranging our escorted tours.
The location is close enough to every venue, about six blocks to WWII Museum, six blocks to the French Quarter, eight blocks to the beautiful River Walk area, and if need be three blocks to the local Court! It rained during our stay, and the front desk loaned us an umbrella! Now that's service you don't find often! The breakfasts are well prepared, and delicious, but the kick back happy hour is GREAT! I can only say this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, and my husband and I have traveled around the world. A truly great experience!

Room Tip: There is a new side to the Drury, however either the new building or older side is comfortable. Ask...
1  Thank Phyliss B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights following a cruise, wished we had booked for a longer stay! Location is very convenient, easy walk to the streetcar line, even for someone with difficulty walking. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Would most certainly stay here again. In fact, i will be looking for Drury Inns from now on innareas I am travelling to!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1234Alberta
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My trip was part of a bus tour. I was so impressed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay here for sure if and when I am in N.O. The beds are so comfortable, I missed it when I returned home

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nearly everything was as advertised. The location is on the corner of Poydras and Carondolet. Carondolet (pronounced with "let" at the end - it's Spanish, not French) becomes Bourbon Street once you cross Canal Street, about five blocks away. An easy walk - and away from the noise and smell of Bourbon Street, but close enough to get there quickly if you want.

Our room was in the older section of the hotel, but it was fine. We had a suite with a king size bed and the 2nd room had a pull out sofa. It slept fine for my kid. The pool was fine as was the exercise room.

The best deal at this hotel is that breakfast and happy hour/"dinner" are included. If you want to economize your trip to New Orleans, you could stay here, eat a big breakfast, skip lunch, and eat dinner at the happy hour and save big time. The breakfast is fine, although nothing is cooked to order. But there are scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, waffles, muffins, bagels, etc. every day. The coffee is very good. Dinner is not anything special, but still fine if you want to save: hot dogs, meatballs, mac and cheese, baked potatoes, chips, a small salad, nachos - all fine and filling if you choose to go that way. Our kids did, but we chose to eat a few nachos as an appetizer and went out into the night to get some great New Orleans food. Every happy hour, you get three free drinks: wine, beer, and even mixed drinks.

They also have free coffee/popcorn/soft drinks available in the afternoon in the lobby. Nice for an early snack.

Any concerns? Some may not like the large dispensers of soap/shampoo/conditioner mounted in the shower. I do like them since they're so much better for the environment. No 100's of tiny, wasted soap bars with their associated wrappers and tiny shampoo bottles to be thrown away.

Only hassle for us was the $25/night valet service. It took about 30 minutes each time we wanted our car. This, apparently, will be fixed soon when their onsite garage is finished.

Internet is free. Nice touch.

All in all, a nice, reasonably-priced hotel in which to stay. You won't find a snooty doorman, a bellman, nor a concierge. "We're not full service, but we're $100 cheaper per night than those other hotels," said the general manager, Patrick. He's right. Not full service, but a great deal in my mind. I'll carry my own bags, thank you. Oh, and thanks for the free food and drink.

3  Thank BigMonTraveler