“Great Hotel Great Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Little Compton, Rhode Island
“Great Hotel Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

We stayed at this facility from 6/5/2011 to 6/9/2011. From the time we arrived to the time we left the staff was more than accomadating. Everyone was very friendly and competant. the only flaw was a noise that appeared to come from the floors above us that sounded like laundry carts being rolled around. Annoying but not too bad. The restaurant was excellant, the quality of the food was excellant, and the price was as appropriate for the type of hotel . We would definitly satay there again if we go back to New Orleans

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Dear beetle32637,

Thank you very much for your comments about the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, and we appreciate your expressions of satisfaction. Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won't find anywhere else.

We truly value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Mark Allaf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I gad to go to New Orleans to help an old friend whose wife is gravely ill. The trip was arranged in a hurry and since I have Hilton Honors, I looked for an affiliated hotel that was reasonable and selected the Hilton Garden In at the Convention Center, The room was very nice and the free WiFi was very helpful. But what impressed me the most was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. From the desk personnel to the wait staff and the cleaning people, they were nice, friendly and seemed to really like their work and their guests. My only complaint was how expensive valet parking was. So, if you don't need a car and your stay in New Orleans calls for a hotel near the Convention Center, I heartily recommend the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for one of teh rooms with the adjustable bed
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear PaulR21212,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a “home away from home” for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. We appreciate your expressions of satisfaction through the review you completed. Thank you for letting us know we met your expectations.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won’t find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.

Again, thank you for your comments, they are important to us. Should you have any additional comments that you would like to share with us, please do so by phone, mail, or e-mail.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

My experience was very good until I got a fly in my salad! =(
Unacceptable.....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank stern94
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear stern94,

On behalf of everyone at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a “home away from home” for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. The review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. You indicated in the review that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I want to offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Everyone from the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, Sales & Marketing, F&B, and management seriously take into consideration your comments. It is our pleasure to meet the needs of our guests, so please always feel comfortable letting any staff member know of concerns you may have during a stay.

I truly apologize for the low quality of the restaurant food when you ate at the Great American Grill. I assure you this is not a normal occurance. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center will be going through a full renovation later this year. This will include everything in the guest rooms, hallways, lobby, and restaurant. I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on your next visit to New Orleans.

Nothing would please us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won’t find anywhere else. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our hospitality, and how much we appreciate you as a valuable guest. Please remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center for any future travel plans, and do not hesitate letting me know if I can be of service to you.

Oklahoma City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I'll start off by saying that we got a great deal on this hotel via a certain discount website... the one where they don't tell you the name of the hotel until you book it. The hotel is located very close to the convention center, so if you're in town for a convention, this is your spot. Front Desk is friendly, beds comfy, rooms clean. The swimming pool is located on the 4th floor, and while small, our kids still loved it. I did not give this an excellent rating because they want $28 a night for parking, which is par for a city, but I'm rather "frugal", so I tend to find alternatives. Metered parking on the street is free from 6pm Friday till around 8am Monday. We were able to park about 50 ft from the front door of this hotel, at a meter, for free.
On a side note, when I asked the front desk for a family friendly place to eat with in walking distance, the directed us to Mulates. We were not impressed, in fact we ate our appetizer and left, only to eat at the restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dear jmcfarland76,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a "home away from home" for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. The review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. We appreciate your expressions of satisfaction through the review you completed. Thank you for letting us know we met your expectations.

I would like to make one little correction to your comments. The meters are free in New Orleans from 6pm Saturday to 8am Monday. I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center will be going through a full renovation later this year. This will include everything in the guest rooms, hallways, lobby, and restaurant. I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on your next visit to New Orleans.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won't find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.

MONROE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

This is a great hotel in a good location for the people who are looking for a reasonable priced hotel in New Orleans. The hotel is in walking distance to the French Quarter, plus if you take a Taxi it will not coast that much. The rooms are big, well kept and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel entire staff was friendly and helpful. Mr. Richard, the Chief Engineer of the hotel was very helpful during the entire stay, as well as Tammy the front desk clerk. I will stay back at this property with out a doubt in mind. Keep up the good work Hilton staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear KennyRay71202,

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

I attended a convention at the Convention Center. This is a excellent choice. Just a couple blocks from the convention center and well located to visit the WWII museum and restaurants like Commander's Palace and Emril's Delmonico. The Rooms are fine the service attentive. The perfect choice for attending conventions and just a short taxi ride from the French Quarter.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear Munro1954,

Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

I'm really surprised that Hilton would put their name on this hotel. It is extremely old and dated. Our bathtub was badly chipped and had been painted over, the door frame and tub drain were rusted. The shower curtain was stained. The carpet was old and disgusting--wouldn't dare step barefoot on any part of it. A friend staying in another room turned the tap on at the bathroom sink and a black oily sludge poured out! The outdoor courtyard area and pool was closed for repair with no notice given when the hotel room was booked or at check in. When we notified the front desk that we were moving to another hotel, the staff gave us a difficult time and threatened to charge us a cancellation fee even though we were giving them 48 hours notice! We were so happy to leave and check in to a beautiful hotel for $1.00 more per night! I had read the Trip Advisor reviews, and I knew the hotel was not going to be top-notch, but it was pre-booked for us. The only positive comment is that the location did have good access to the conference centre. I definitely do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business