“Enjoyed everything and will certainly use them again.”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #96 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The hotel is located in the Convention Center area of the Warehouse district and is only one block from Convention Center. We were there to visit the WWII Museum and it was only a couple of blocks away and very easy to walk. The staff was exceptional and the breakfast buffet was FABULOUS.
I

Room Tip: Our room was located in the section looking out over the pool area and was very quiet, amazing consi...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear nanasp5,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. We appreciate your comments, and for letting everyone know that this is the hotel to stay at when visiting New Orleans. We look forward to your return and hope that it is sooner than later.

Mark Allaf

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed here for my wedding weekend in May 2011. We got married on a cruise ship before it sailed, then went on a 7 day cruise for our honeymoon. We used the hotels "cruise package" parking, the valet was very friendly, eager to help unload car etc... To make a long story short, we returned from our honeymoon to find that an employee STOLE my car. My car was used the entire week we were gone and over 500 miles put on my 2010 camry. My wedding dress, guest book, flowers and other personal stuff was put in back in my car after the wedding so it didn't get messed up on the cruise. The theif smoked in my car, spilled stuff, left cigarette butts in the back seat and then covered it with my wedding dress!! The smell of stale cigarettes and beer was horrible!! The front grill was knocked out, underneath my car is all beat up, several scratches, a dent in my door and left me having to get a wheel alignment. Securtiy cameras in the hotel parking garage proved that my car WAS used without my authorization, and it has now been 2 months and nothing has been done. A claim was sent to the hotels insurance company however when submitted it didn't go through. It was then stated that the hotel didn't have that type of coverage and would now have to be sent to valet. But that hasn't been done, the phone numbers I was given for the valet on my report and by the hotel are no longer in service. The hotels GM doesn't return phone calls, I get stuck talking to his assistant who is no help at all and seems to think this is no big deal. Instead of treating me as if I were the criminal everytime I call, try fixing the problem!!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! It doesn't matter how clean, or how many renovations are done. If the people in management don't have a problem giving me the runaround and an employee is capable of using a customers car an entire week. There is no telling what kind of employee comes into your room when no one is looking!! Just saying......BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Klynn1107
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This hotel has not, in my personal opinion not been praised enough for their facilities and especially their staff!

From the moment you arrive , until you leave; they are the most helpful and courteous staff I have ever encountered throughout my extensive travels around the world!

The rooms are spacious and extremely clean and the housekeeping staff are simply the best!

The pool/whirlpool area was SPOTLESS! Not a cockroach in sight! And that is a major achievement in NOLA! I have been in several 5 star hotels in NOLA , this is the first one I have been in which I did not spot a single insect within the hotel itself .

I also would like to encourage my fellow expats and European travelers to give this hotel a try. Although renovations will begin in August , it is in it's current state on par with any 4+ hotel in America or abroad!

I must give a special shout out to Rechelle at the front desk and Bill(?) from the catering services. I had a special request for a hotel size box of Splenda ( I cannot buy it in Switzerland!) to take back home with me. I had not yet left the desk before the box arrived ! Small/big gestures such as this will keep me coming back to this establishment for many , many years to come!

I am looking forward to seeing my Hilton family again next year! I miss all of you very much! Thank you for giving me the best hospitality I have EVER experienced in NOLA! May God continue to bless your hotel and staff! K. Renee Osterwalder, Winterthur Switzerland

• Stayed: July 2011
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear Renee Osterwalder,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. All comments are greatly appreciated and welcomed. I am extremely happy to see how much you enjoyed your stay. When reading your review, you can just hear the excitement you have for the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, and I truly hope everyone else who reads it gets the same impression. I will be sure to recognize the two team members you mentioned in our weekly team huddle so that everyone is motivated to provide and maintain this same level of customer service day in and day out. Once again thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 July 2011

From the moment we pulled up for Valet Parking, until the time we checked out, the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center exceeded all our expectations. The staff were the friendliest and most accomodating I've ever experienced. The valet guys - Reginald, Renaja, and Desmond were so awesome, helping get items out of our car and even helping us with a cab to the Superdome. Our party ended up being fewer than what we made reservations for, and the front desk reduced our rate, which covered most of our parking fees. Me and my 17-year old daughter were there for the 2011 Essence Music Festival over the July 4th weekend, and we both were highly impressed with the hotel. Our room was nice, spacious, and clean. Whenever we came back from our day's excursions, the bed was nicely made, fresh towels were put out, and the room tidied up. We also really enjoyed the rooftop pool! The hotel was in the perfect location from the Convention Center, a mere 1-block walk. We will definitely be staying here for the upcoming festivals, and I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be close to the Convention Center! Thanks everyone at HGINOCC! You all were great!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear mrseva,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, and I will be sure to share them with the rest of the team. Please continue to spread the word about our hotel to everyone you know. And remember, we will be renovating later this year, and for next year's Essence Music Festival, we will have a completely new hotel! Can't wait to see you on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

This hotel is very convenient to the Convention Center, about 5 minutes walking if that. Not only that, it is small enough that you can have more personal service than the huge convention hotels. Room was comfortable and clean, people were friendly and helpful, and the elevators were fast. Breakfast was fast and pretty good, but a little pricey. Check-in and check-out was easy, no problems. They have ice water and lemonade throughout the day, and fresh cookies and apples available at the front desk. Don't expect a room with a view, though. May be too far to walk to French Quarter for some people.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear stweaver,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a “home away from home” for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. We appreciate your expressions of satisfaction through the review you completed. Thank you for letting us know we met your expectations.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won’t find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.

Again, thank you for your comments, they are important to us. Should you have any additional comments that you would like to share with us, please do so by phone, mail, or e-mail.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

More reasonable in price than nearby hotels. They let me check in early.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Dear merrills,

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We have stayed there for a couple of nights and noticed that, despite that the hotel was literaly packed up with people, the receptionists were very friendly and helpfull and gave great suggestions for restaurants and shopping places. And the breakfast was quite good...

I would gladly recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Dear hkk75,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a "home away from home" for our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won't find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.