Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Great rooms and amenities. Walking-distance to French Quarter. Excellent prices for a Hilton hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Dear Thiago_Rio,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. We value all reviews and comments and wish everyone would take the time to complete a review.

Mark Allaf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

The breakfast buffet is $13 a person, go out the front door and walk straight half a block to the convention center. We had tea and oatmeal at Starbucks for $5. Added to that we were surrounded by local art in a clean and VERY spacious environment. Eat lunch and supper at the Riverwalk mall. It is a mall like you have never seen before, very reasonable food. It is a LONG walk to the French Quarter, especially in the heat. That is the only drawback to this hotel. Mandatory valet parking comes to $42 a day but your car is extremely safe, worth it. The staff at this hotel is amazing. Do not miss Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter for beignets and coffee, it is THE place in town to get them. Oceana is a great restaurant off Bourbon St. and the concierge gave us discount tickets. Also do not miss a performance at the Preservation Hall. We too the Grayline Katrina tour and it was fascinating. The arts district is fantastic, especially the Blue Dog gallery. If you like to shop for art and eat this is the city for both. The beds in this hotel are wonderful, you just want to sleep forever.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Dear retired080,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay and suggestions for other travelers. The breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn brand of hotels is a full complimentary breakfast with all hot items cooked to serve by our talented chefs. We make eggs any way you like, including omelets, pancakes, waffles, french toast, grits, sausage, bacon, several different pastries, and more. The breakfast is $12.95 per person, but for the amount and variety, it is a good deal. The hotel also serves lunch and dinner and the menu is a good variety of different things. If you have special needs or allergies, our cooks are very accommodating and happy to make a special meal for you. The valet parking is $30.09 including tax for overnight parking, and as you mentioned, it is secure. Once again, thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

The hotel is located in the Convention Center area of the Warehouse district and is only one block from Convention Center. We were there to visit the WWII Museum and it was only a couple of blocks away and very easy to walk. The staff was exceptional and the breakfast buffet was FABULOUS.
I

Room Tip: Our room was located in the section looking out over the pool area and was very quiet, amazing consi...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear nanasp5,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. We appreciate your comments, and for letting everyone know that this is the hotel to stay at when visiting New Orleans. We look forward to your return and hope that it is sooner than later.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed here for my wedding weekend in May 2011. We got married on a cruise ship before it sailed, then went on a 7 day cruise for our honeymoon. We used the hotels "cruise package" parking, the valet was very friendly, eager to help unload car etc... To make a long story short, we returned from our honeymoon to find that an employee STOLE my car. My car was used the entire week we were gone and over 500 miles put on my 2010 camry. My wedding dress, guest book, flowers and other personal stuff was put in back in my car after the wedding so it didn't get messed up on the cruise. The theif smoked in my car, spilled stuff, left cigarette butts in the back seat and then covered it with my wedding dress!! The smell of stale cigarettes and beer was horrible!! The front grill was knocked out, underneath my car is all beat up, several scratches, a dent in my door and left me having to get a wheel alignment. Securtiy cameras in the hotel parking garage proved that my car WAS used without my authorization, and it has now been 2 months and nothing has been done. A claim was sent to the hotels insurance company however when submitted it didn't go through. It was then stated that the hotel didn't have that type of coverage and would now have to be sent to valet. But that hasn't been done, the phone numbers I was given for the valet on my report and by the hotel are no longer in service. The hotels GM doesn't return phone calls, I get stuck talking to his assistant who is no help at all and seems to think this is no big deal. Instead of treating me as if I were the criminal everytime I call, try fixing the problem!!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! It doesn't matter how clean, or how many renovations are done. If the people in management don't have a problem giving me the runaround and an employee is capable of using a customers car an entire week. There is no telling what kind of employee comes into your room when no one is looking!! Just saying......BEWARE!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Klynn1107
zurich switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

This hotel has not, in my personal opinion not been praised enough for their facilities and especially their staff!

From the moment you arrive , until you leave; they are the most helpful and courteous staff I have ever encountered throughout my extensive travels around the world!

The rooms are spacious and extremely clean and the housekeeping staff are simply the best!

The pool/whirlpool area was SPOTLESS! Not a cockroach in sight! And that is a major achievement in NOLA! I have been in several 5 star hotels in NOLA , this is the first one I have been in which I did not spot a single insect within the hotel itself .

I also would like to encourage my fellow expats and European travelers to give this hotel a try. Although renovations will begin in August , it is in it's current state on par with any 4+ hotel in America or abroad!

I must give a special shout out to Rechelle at the front desk and Bill(?) from the catering services. I had a special request for a hotel size box of Splenda ( I cannot buy it in Switzerland!) to take back home with me. I had not yet left the desk before the box arrived ! Small/big gestures such as this will keep me coming back to this establishment for many , many years to come!

I am looking forward to seeing my Hilton family again next year! I miss all of you very much! Thank you for giving me the best hospitality I have EVER experienced in NOLA! May God continue to bless your hotel and staff! K. Renee Osterwalder, Winterthur Switzerland

• Stayed July 2011
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Dear Renee Osterwalder,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. All comments are greatly appreciated and welcomed. I am extremely happy to see how much you enjoyed your stay. When reading your review, you can just hear the excitement you have for the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, and I truly hope everyone else who reads it gets the same impression. I will be sure to recognize the two team members you mentioned in our weekly team huddle so that everyone is motivated to provide and maintain this same level of customer service day in and day out. Once again thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

From the moment we pulled up for Valet Parking, until the time we checked out, the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center exceeded all our expectations. The staff were the friendliest and most accomodating I've ever experienced. The valet guys - Reginald, Renaja, and Desmond were so awesome, helping get items out of our car and even helping us with a cab to the Superdome. Our party ended up being fewer than what we made reservations for, and the front desk reduced our rate, which covered most of our parking fees. Me and my 17-year old daughter were there for the 2011 Essence Music Festival over the July 4th weekend, and we both were highly impressed with the hotel. Our room was nice, spacious, and clean. Whenever we came back from our day's excursions, the bed was nicely made, fresh towels were put out, and the room tidied up. We also really enjoyed the rooftop pool! The hotel was in the perfect location from the Convention Center, a mere 1-block walk. We will definitely be staying here for the upcoming festivals, and I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be close to the Convention Center! Thanks everyone at HGINOCC! You all were great!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Dear mrseva,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, and I will be sure to share them with the rest of the team. Please continue to spread the word about our hotel to everyone you know. And remember, we will be renovating later this year, and for next year's Essence Music Festival, we will have a completely new hotel! Can't wait to see you on your next trip to New Orleans.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

This hotel is very convenient to the Convention Center, about 5 minutes walking if that. Not only that, it is small enough that you can have more personal service than the huge convention hotels. Room was comfortable and clean, people were friendly and helpful, and the elevators were fast. Breakfast was fast and pretty good, but a little pricey. Check-in and check-out was easy, no problems. They have ice water and lemonade throughout the day, and fresh cookies and apples available at the front desk. Don't expect a room with a view, though. May be too far to walk to French Quarter for some people.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Dear stweaver,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a “home away from home” for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. We appreciate your expressions of satisfaction through the review you completed. Thank you for letting us know we met your expectations.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won’t find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.

Again, thank you for your comments, they are important to us. Should you have any additional comments that you would like to share with us, please do so by phone, mail, or e-mail.