“Mediocre at Best”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #93 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Less than expected service at front desk and dining experience was least of any HGIs i have used in the past, and I frequent the properties with over 150 nights a year Overpriced for location and parking. Okay for business location, but poor for tourist convenience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
courtney m, Assistant to the GM at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

John S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable review. I apologize that we failed to provide you with the service you have come to expect when staying at a Hilton family property. We pride ourselves on our excellent service, and the experience you described is not indicative of the high standards we strive for. I have shared your feedback with the Front Desk and Food & Beverage departments, and your concerns have been addressed. Although our proximity to the New Orleans Convention Center does lend itself to guests who are travelling for business, our guests travelling for pleasure also enjoy our location, as it is within walking distance of many of the attractions of the area. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to New Orleans, so we may have the opportunity to give you the experience you deserve when staying with Hilton.

If I can be of any further assistance, please call me directly at 504-310-1499.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I told my travel companion that the only thing this hotel had going for it was its proximity to Riverwalk which I had not seen in 18 yrs. Guess what? Riverwalk was CLOSED. Until 2014. Did not think I had to check into that before I left home. Very poor location for seeing anything, period. Unless you enjoy expensive cab fares. And really I am so sick of hailing cabs now the very idea gives me a headache. Even if I was taking a cruise or wanting to see the WWII museum--I would not stay in this location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Sandrine66,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that our location was not convenient for your trip to New Orleans. Many guests enjoy our close proximity to the attractions of downtown New Orleans, including the WWII museum, the Port of New Orleans, and the Convention Center. We are about a 15-20 minute walk to the French Quarter, but many of our guests appreciate being a little farther from the noise and traffic experienced there. We are excited about the renovation going on at the Riverwalk, and we are looking forward to its re-opening as an outlet shopping center, which will include such stores as Neiman Marcus and Tiffany & Co. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to New Orleans.

If I can be of any further assistance, please call me directly at 504-310-1499.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel staff welcomed all of us, costumed or not. They were very open and helpful. From the valets to the security guards, I felt welcomed and like an old friend. I would definitely stay here in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We booked this Hilton due to its location near the port of New Orleans. It is a great location for a quick walk to the port if you don't have too much luggage. Otherwise, a quick taxi is $14 for two for a bit less than a mile.

The hotel is what you would expect for around $100. Pretty hard bed, shower is fine, rooms clean, entry nice. Check-in was slow on a Saturday afternoon. Concierge guys were great and very helpful. Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Second time stayed at this hotel. In the Warehouse District of the city. Can walk to most places. French Quarter is a mile walk, but can catch the trolley a couple of blocks from hotel. Some good restaurants close. Valet parking is very expensive.

1  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Location was fine, and some of staff were very friendly and helpful. The staff had no clue about the conference we were attending even though they were the host hotel. Beds are horrendous - if you like slab concrete - you are in luck. Food was ok and lobby was lovely. Due to the beds, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
courtney m, Executive Assistant to the GM at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Teresa,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable review. I am pleased that you found our associates friendly and helpful. I apologize if you found some of our team members to be unknowledgeable about your conference, and that you did not enjoy your sleep experience during your stay. All of the beds in our rooms feature the Garden Sleep System, which allows you to “choose your snooze.” You can adjust the firmness of the bed according to your preference. I hope you will consider choosing the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center again on your next trip to New Orleans, so you can experience the amazing sleep you deserve while staying with us.
If I may be of any further assistance, please call me directly at 504-310-1499.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was a great place to base ourselves when attending a conference at the Convention Centre. The rooms were satisfactory - shower was great. The pool and outdoor areas were excellent and we used them a lot. The people stating for various events were really friendly, as were the staff - really helpful and personable. The bar only stayed open till 9pm but the prices were good and the pour very generous. It's a bit of a hike to the French Quarter but New Orleans is such a great place, it didn't matter.

Room Tip: The pool is on the 4th floor