“Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Centre”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #95 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I arrived from our flight and were kindly greeted by Jasmine W, at the reception desk. We are from Canada and this was our first visit to New Orleans. We were so impressed. Jasmine was so friendly, helpful and attentive!

Jasmine provided us with a map and directions for our tourist destinations and also called to make reservations at a local restaurant for us. She also encouraged us to try out the breakfast at the hotel the next morning, which we did and were impressed by the service of waiters Edmond and Kassandra, who were very attentive and prompt. What I appreciated most about Jasmine, Edmond and Kassandra was that they took time to make a personal connection with us. They asked us how our day was and how we were enjoying our visit and was there anything else they could do.

The location of the hotel was great. It gave us a chance to enjoy a nice walk towards the French Quarter and soak up the ambiance of New Orleans!

I would like to also mention another employee, Michael, the bellhop. On the day of our departure (April 12), we were scheduled to board a cruise ship in the afternoon. We also had a tour planned for the morning. Michael assured us that we would make the bus and that if we were late, he would have the bus wait. Well, sure enough, our tour ended late and we hurried back to the hotel to gather our luggage (in storage) and make it to our bus. The bus to take passengers to the cruise ship was about ready to go, when Michael rushed out and asked the bus driver to stop. He did and we were able to board the bus and make it to our cruise ship on time. He really went beyond for us and we really appreciated this.

We were very impressed with the service at the hotel. All the employees did such a fine job and really left a strong impression on us. And this is coming from 2 polite Canadians! I think we can learn from them!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Erica D, Executive Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family stayed at Hilton Garden Inn after our cruise, the Staff lead by Ms. Wright was very friendly and helpful, they provided locations/directions to local attractions...moved my family from the 2nd to 4th floor so we could be closer to pool and spa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

For a hotel very near the convention center, the price was reasonable. The staff was so friendly (Kevin, Reginald, Rene, Kiki, and all...) I loved being greeted with popcorn and a complimentary coffee/tea bar as I returned in the afternoon after my meetings. Very clean, lovely rooms. Also, it's just 1/2 block from Cochon Butcher that has absolutely delicious muffaletas!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our experience of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on 1001 South Peters was excellent. The staff was great, the location for my conference was good, and the environment was excellent. This hotel is a great place to stay while in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

No matter what I needed or what I asked for, I believe they really wanted to help me and be that nice to me, because they never stopped smiling. One of the friendliest hotels I have ever, ever had the pleasure to stay in.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for work for 3 weeks. Valet was good got my car in and out when I needed it. The breakfast was excellent we got a deal which was included in our rate(made to order omelets). The bar area was nice and wells as front lobby. We had access to one of their conference rooms, they were nice as well. The rooms were about average I had a view of another buildings roof. The rooms were older and needed some updating. Staff was friendly even when walking in around 3am a little under the influence. This place is great because it is within walking distance to almost everything (the river, cruises, bourbon st, casinos, restaurants, clubs, etc....

Nice place I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in New Orleans, LA which is located one block over from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. This Hilton is located in very close to the convention center, restaurants and "watering holes". I experienced nothing shy of excellent service! The employees were proactive in their help. Thanks, Hilton!