“Great Service except for the Valet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #75 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Hermosa Beach, California
“Great Service except for the Valet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here recently for a short weekend trip to New Orleans. Overall it was a very good experience. The service indeed was excellent as everyone inside the hotel was warm, kind, & helpful. However the group I was with had trouble with the valet service on more than one occasion. They could not find their car and kept them waiting not once but about 3 different times. I am not sure how this happened (maybe because it was a very busy weekend) but my hosts were not happy about it.

The location of the hotel is excellent and is very close by many attractions, restaurants, bars and casino, so everything you could possibly want is right there. However the bar inside the hotel closes at 9 PM...which is not cool. I in fact was ready to spend more cash at the hotel bar but alas, it closed so early. The room itself was very nice and they put me right next to the elevator which was great.

So even though my score seems kind of harsh (3 out of 5) My stay was actually really nice. However due to the multiple valet mix ups and bar closing early I have to deduct a couple points. But it is definitely closer to a 3.5 than a 3 The overall service though is definitely a 5.. Would I stay here again?? Possibly

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jgrammatic
Erica D, Executive Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2016
Thank you for sharing such great feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your overall experience although we were lacking in some aspects. We appreciate the loyalty and are looking forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Murphy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed and truly enjoyed ourselves. Excellent service, parking attendants are kind and helpful, and bar/restaurant is delicious. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Rooms are well insulated and quiet. Would absolutely stay here again! We even found a persons wallet at the pool, took it down town the front desk, and they gave us a free breakfast for doing it. Would have done it anyway, but that was incredibly generous of them to do that. What a great place!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John P
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am so glad that we compensated you for bringing down someone's wallet! How noble! We sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again as we would love to welcome you back!
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have never felt so welcomed by a hotel staff. The team really made me feel welcomed and important. They were amazingly friendly and I felt assured the staff was determined to ensure I had a good experience. It started from the booking process. Sales ensured I had what I needed for room dates, and the team handled the booking with ease. When I checked in, the front desk staff was inviting and friendly. Even the gentlemen working by the front entrance welcomed me in with a smile and greeting. The front desk reviewed my booking with me and ensured I was ok with the selection of the bed and room. They made sure I was aware of the features of the property and all services included with my reservation, including internet. When I checked into my room, the TV didn't work. The hotel had a technician at my room within 3 minutes! The technician was courteous and very quick to fix the problem (was a bad cable). I was amazed with the technicians demeanor. Her attitude was one that stressed this issue would be the top issue on her list, and I knew she would not leave until I was completely satisfied. The speed and manner in which this was handled was really impressive. Each day after work, I spent time at the bar for dinner and a few cocktails. The bartenders Brian and Marissa were so enjoyable that I spent a bit more time (and unfortunately a bit more money) at the bar than I probably should have. They were a great team and made the atmosphere of the lounge fun. They were knowledgeable about the wine and offered great selections based on my taste in wine. They gave me honest opinions on the menu options and made sure to ask what I liked before explaining good options for my dinner. They also made great drinks for my guests / business associates who joined me for drinks after work. I can’t speak highly enough of the bar tenders. What a great team! The food was fantastic. The menu choices at the bar were fairly robust, and the food I selected tasted amazing (with the exception of the chicken wings served with the red beans and rice… they were dry and bland). The check-out process was speedy and friendly. I split the amenities and my room charges into 2 separate bills, which the front desk handled quickly and without incident. The desk clerk double checked with me to ensure I did not need additional assistance, and verified both bills with me prior to processing, including verifying payment sources on both bills. They also verified that I was satisfied with my stay. I also truly believe that had I experienced any problems, they would have been addressed quickly upon checkout as well. The overall experience was perfect. I will stay with the HGI every trip to New Orleans (which is every other week), if there is availability! What a great trip. Thank you HGI. Great job! Your team could give a clinic in customer service, and should be the standard hotels strive for. I am a Hilton Honors member and stay at Hilton hotels when I travel. This was the best experience to date, even compared to the full service Hiltons. GREAT JOB!

1 Thank Jimmy M
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are very appreciative of your time and hope we see you again soon!
Destin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

One of the best hotel experiences in NOLA will be back again and will stay right here. Location is great and staff is more than friendly. Food was good too. If you are looking for something that has great qualities this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future!
Boston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I accidentally stumbled into losing my photo ID; leaving my key in my room; having to check out before my account was ready, and the staff was both instinctively gracious and perfectly trained to make these issues vanish.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are so glad that you had such a great experience! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future!
Deerfield Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was a welcoming, clean, and close to the convention center hotel. I was very pleased with the staff and the accomodations. After I figured out how to adjust the beds for comfort, the nights were wonderful. I loved my stay there.

Onalaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was in New Orleans for a conference. This hotel was in a great location for business as well as pleasure. The room was pleasant and quiet--which was so great after spending busy days at a crowded conference. I also really enjoyed the rooftop pool/hot tub. It was amazing to soak in the tub under the stars and a full moon.

1 Thank Karen H