Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #92 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Within walking distance (1 block) of the Civic center. Staff friendly, helpful, and courteous; made me feel comfortable and at home. Would stay here again and would recommend to others. Did have issue with coffeemaker, but staff corrected issue quickly and courteously. Breakfast was enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, and food was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Erica D, Executive Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and food. I am so glad that we were able to fix that coffeemaker for you. We hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Shower would not produce water any cooler than scalding hot. What appeared to be pubic hairs in my shower when I checked in. Housekeepers knocked on my door twice in the morning although I had "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, then when I answered the door, they could not speak a single word of English to tell me what, if anything, they needed. Terrible management at this hotel. Will never stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with this stay. We hope that one day we are able to make this up to you.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is my 2nd time staying at this Hilton property. My last review was in February 2012 and the service and property appear to have remained consistent; customer-focused staff and well-maintained property. I was here on business and at the last minute brought a family member along. Velda at check-in was very helpful in my HHonors upgrade to a King Suite. The room 628 was fine but near the elevator so not a good place for someone who is a light sleeper. I used earplugs. The staff, like before was very helpful. Kudos to the valet team who is managing through street construction right out front but there was never a long wait for my car. Valet is $30/night. The wait staff and chef were helpful as well. Still a very good selection of buffet and made-to-order items. Only negative is that in all the years I've traveled and mostly at Hilton properties weekly, I have never had housekeeping NOT turn the shower off and throw out a guests' soap. Housekeeping who serviced my room on Wednesday not only threw out my personal NON-Hilton soap, but did not release the button to turn the shower off so I got nearly drenched on my last morning. Otherwise, would have been an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Suite 628 has constant mechanical noises from elevator.
1  Thank ladyinmaryland

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so glad that this was your second stay. Although I am happy to hear about your upgrade, I am sorry that you had to sleep with earplugs and we disposed of your soap. I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again despite these setbacks.

Take Care

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Initially leary of location given transportation construction in the area. The room was quiet and very clean. Close proximity to our conference venue and other establishments for food and entertainment. Great stay!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your business trip. We sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked this hotel several months in advance through an internet booking company, so probably got a better than average price. In fact, it was such a good price I was a little worried, but needn't have been.

When we first arrived by taxi from the airport it did appear that we were in some street in the back of beyond, but upon stepping out of the door a few yards it became apparent that there were many fabulous bars and restaurants just a stone's throw away, hidden until you are right in front of them by the old warehouse facades. This was a really interesting area! Arty type places were also dotted around and the WWII and civil war museums within walking distance, as is the French Quarter and downtown New Orleans. We walked everywhere in the 4 days we were here and didn't miss a thing!

The hotel itself was great. Free tea and coffee and popcorn, cookies etc in the foyer. A room with decent sized fridge and microwave and coffee maker and lovely firm clean beds. The rooftop pool was great and there was also a small gym that we didn't use and restaurant in the foyer, which again we didn't use. The staff was very friendly and efficient, especially Michael on customer services, who knew everything there was to know about New Orleans. I was also pleasantly surprised that the lady on the bar had no worries about lending me her corkscrew to open a bottle of wine I'd bought in one of the nearby supermarkets!

My advice is to forget the French Quarter hotels and stay here. There were many places we wouldn't have realised were so interesting had we not had the opportunity to stay here and we could easily walk day and night to anywhere else, including the French Quarter!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scudder_uk

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights during the American Society of Hematology convention in Dec. 2013. The check in was smooth. The rooms are a bit dated and in need of renovation. The hotel is very close to the convention center and is about a 5 minute walk. That is the best part of the hotel. The room was clean enough but I have stayed an nicer hotels. The day I left, the hot water stopped working in the hotel for several hours. I was not affected but several colleagues that attended the conference with me and stayed an extra day had to endure a hectic experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric B

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed the ease of our location. I am very sorry to hear about the hot water issue. I am sure we got the water up and running as quickly as we could. We do offer bottled water complimentary if there is ever a water issue on property. We sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again the next time the ASH convention is in town.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights at the end of May. The mattresses were a bit of a surprise at first because they were pretty hard. The hotel has great amenities though and we quickly adjusted to the mattresses. Free coffee and tea - free popcorn - free flavored water- free cookies - free wifi. All of that and a great location to everything. We would definitely stay here again as the staff was really nice and provided great service as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Erica D, Executive Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Thank you for sharing your service expectations with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your amenities and your experience!