“bag left behind delivered immediately”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #71 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Middleton, Tennessee, United States
“bag left behind delivered immediately”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Once again we stayed at the hotel for the park and cruise deal. We have always had excellant service and a great night in New Orleans! After cruise we picked up car and went 300 miles home. We discovered we had left a bag outside the hotel door and someone found it and brought it to the desk. This bag contained my husband's heart & BP meds which we needed now!!!! I called the hotel and talked to Melvin in Security Dept - he found the bag and got my information and the bag was shipped overnight free of charge to me. I was very appreciative of this superior service. Thank you Holiday Inn Superdome!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carolynn38052

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The hotel was wonderful and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There was one employee at the desk that went the extra mile for us and her name was Juanita. The other staff was friendly but she stepped beyond the call. We are planning on coming back and this is the hotel that we will be making our reservations.

Room Tip: We had a upper level room and it was wonderul to come out on the balcony in the mornings.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laketha R
Florence, MT
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Don't make the same mistake I did...."best flexible rate" may not be best and it may not be flexible if there is a "Special event" going on. I chose the "best flexible rate" because I thought my plans may change (which they did) and I was charged for the entire stay when I had to cancel my reservation (because there was a "special event" my deposit was 100% and nonrefundable)...be careful!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank whitecalla
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We just returned from a week long cruise and it started by staying the night at this hotel. It is a refreshing, clean, updated hotel with friendly staff. Left the car parked there for the week that we were on the cruise. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was fine for a buffet style meal. Certainly convenient.

On the shuttle to the cruise ship, the Cajun Encounters driver broke a piece of luggage and then on the return trip, I had a brand new piece of luggage broken. I specifically warned the driver that the luggage was heavy but yet he insisted that nothing was too heavy for him. Well, here I am with a handle ripped off the luggage and a liter of alcohol broken inside the bag. Enough venting on that.

Bottom line... Great hotel, Crappy shuttle service.

Room Tip: Ask for floor # 8, pool side.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis K
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hotel was very nice. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable! The only bad part of our hotel stay and cruise was the return shuttle! Waited outside terminal for over an hour before Cajun excursions came to pick anyone up! Take a taxi from the port!!! It's only a dollar more! Holiday Inn really should have their own shuttle service for cruise terminal!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank joyy30
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in New Orleans, and I was very pleased. The hotel was clean and affordable and the staff was friendly and helpful. The free shuttle was extremely convenient. Emmett (the driver) was always there right on time to accommodate my transportation needs! Also, the restaurant was surprisingly affordable with many delicious dishes! All in all, my stay was fantastic!

Room Tip: To avoid paying $25 to park in hotel parking, we simply paid $6 to park during the day in the lot di...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Aimee H
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed here on a last-minute stop in New Orleans for the final day of Mardi Gras. I initially had little hope of getting a room anywhere, let alone at a decent price, yet this place came up and was really inexpensive especially considering the date/event going on.

Clearly it has been recently renovated. Very nice, spacious room. Very clean. Just a couple blocks from the French Quarter...a real plus without all the noise and craziness.

Very friendly front desk staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Trvlr01
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!