“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #82 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly. The room that I had was over looking the pool. My room was on the ninth floor. Parking was free. I had a king bed with a sitting area. I little walk out balcony. A little night light attached to the bed on both sides, which was a first for me. Flat screen TV. The food was very good. The bar area was a nice place to relax and watch two large screens TVs. Two blocks from the middle of downtown. Four blocks from the French Quarters. Free Wi-fi. One block from the Super dome. Free shuttle, one-way to the cruise terminal. The safe was to high, and the air-conditioner was a little noisy but I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank James P
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for the kind words! Our staff truly strives to provide exceptional service and its incredibly rewarding for us to receive such feedback! The cruise shuttle is a wonderful complimentary service provided on Saturdays and Sundays only by a partnership with Cajun Encounters. They offer a variety of trips and services that can be booked through our concierge staff; including but not limited to city tours, swamp tours, plantation tours, and chauffeured sedans, SUVs, limos, and limo buses! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your fantastic experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I typically do not write reviews but this one really needs it. Bottom line is we would not stay here again. When we checked in, the hotel informed us that we would have to pay $30.00 per night parking. Granted some hotels have parking fees but I thought $30.00 was quite excessive. Second, I was also informed that if we checked out early there would be a $100.00 charge per night. I had already prepaid for the room through Hotwire so telling me I would have to pay an extra $100.00 per night if I canceled made absolutely no sense to me. Third, we were out late so we wanted to sleep in so we used the do not disturb sign. The first day we ran into the cleaning personnel in the hall and they asked if we needed the room cleaned. We said no but we needed towels. They dropped off towels but left the used ones on the floor and did not take them. We had to shove them under the sink. After that, we called housekeeping twice to get towels delivered and they never showed up. When you add in the cost of parking and the aggravation of poor service along with being pretty far from Canal Street, it's not worth it. You can find something better in the overall price range

Room Tip: Take the cost of parking into consideration when booking. You can get something closer to the key at...
1  Thank Greg1608
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Parking is $26.88 per night ($24 + tax). Vehicles are out of the elements in a covered garage, for which you receive a key and permit, and the rate is very competitive for the area. You can come and go as much as you please; a convenience other properties in the CBD do not offer. I apologize you dislike the early departure policy, there is a $100 fee and it is stated on the registration card signed upon arrival. I also regret housekeeping did not live up to our standards; the department has been made aware of your displeasure in their service and will use this feedback for future training. In regards to location, our hotel is located 2 blocks from Canal St and 6 blocks from Bourbon St. Many guests walk comfortably to the French Quarter area, however, there is a streetcar pick up 1 ½ blocks from the front door. A one way trip is $1.25 or only $3.00 for a day pass. Taxis are also readily available. Your comments are greatly appreciated as we strive to improve the guest experience. Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to clarify and progress.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I completed my USA adventure in The Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome. I stayed for five glorious nights. I shall break this review into two sections, titled positives and negatives.

POSITIVES
Location - Location can be everything and in this case the hotel is based in close proximity to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street (in fact it is about a ten minute walk). It is also far enough away to escape the noise and have a quiet rest, should you require it.
The hotel is tastefully decorated, with an attractive lobby, bar, and restaurant.
The bedrooms are spacious and comfortable. The beds are provided with an array of pillows to cater for all requirements. The bathroom provides quality products to wash and moisturise. Towels are regularly changed by cleaning staff, who provide a quality and efficient service.
Staff are friendly, welcoming, and approachable. I can find no need to criticise them. A big plus for this hotel.
Breakfast is plentiful, with a wide range of cold and warm products to chose from.

NEGATIVES

The only negative for this hotel and I must stress that there is nothing that they can do to correct it would concern the walk to the French Quarter. To reach the main tourist part it is necessary to walk past various bus stops, which young males congregate around. To state that they are intimidating is an understatement. In fact I was verbally abused on one occasion. To address this concern I exited the hotel and turned left rather than right to avoid this area. I had no issues through this route and would recommend solo or couples to adopt this route. It is quick and safe.

To conclude I would wholeheartedly recommend staying at this hotel and I advise everyone to experience the vibrant city of New Orleans, at least once.

Please give my review a like if you feel that it is useful and if anyone has any queries just send me a message.

6  Thank JAMESYBOYNIreland
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Kelis & Quesha Provide Awesome Service Amoung Me And My Friends As We Stay At Your Establisment Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.Service to others is the rent you payService to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth. for your room here on earth.Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Brought a group of 50 in to this property on Aug. 4th for 3 night stay. The staff was excellent from initial booking to our departure. The service was excellent as well. Upon arrival all 50 people wre heading to their rooms in 15 mins, and when a couple of club members wanted to switch rooms to be near their family they accomodated them right away & with a smile! Our rooms were top of the line. Nice decor, Cozy,Great ammenities with Fridge & Microwave, and a balcony with a good view. Hallways were bright and nicely decorated. No long wait for elavators either.The Holiday restaurant had good food, and was not that pricey. The location is near French Quarter, Harrahs Casino & other attractions. Trolley now runs right by hotel . When I bring group back to New Orleans,I know where we will be staying! Overall experience FANTASTIC!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Loyola have a slight view of Superdome.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

although our room was nice and the location was right on the bus or trolley lines for easy access to downtown we were lied to repeatedly regarding parking and availablity of continental breakfast. We called 3 times prior to our arrival speaking with desk staff regarding these items. Each time we were told parking was included in our room rate. We actually had to pay an additional $24 plus taxes for the one night of parking. The lot adjoins the hotel but is available as public parking. We would have paid less for our less than 24 hr stay had we just driven in off the street and not stayed at the hotel. We were also told that a continental breakfast was included. I suppose if you consider it was available at an additional charge then it could have been included. Evening and night staff at desk were very unfriendly if not downright rude. Day desk staff were much better. Will stay with the compitition on our next visit

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank weino1011
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I apologize you feel you were misinformed prior to arrival. I’m not sure who you may have spoken to at the front desk that would give out incorrect information and especially on several different occasions. To clarify, parking is $24 + tax and as we are a full service property no meals are included unless a package rate is booked. We have a stunning new restaurant and lounge; renovations were just completed this week! With these amenities we’re able to offer our guests the convenience of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and room service in-house. We will certainly take your comments into consideration regarding the staff and use this feedback in our monthly training session. We provide continuing education for our staff in order to increase guest satisfaction with every opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

After the young lady at the front desk asked us to wait to the exact minute of 4:00pm to check in, and not spend the 21 minutes in the lobby; we were pleasantly surprised when we got the room. We had a great view of the city and really enjoyed our stay. The location is just a few blocks from the French Quarter and we enjoyed the reprieve. The best service we received was from the fantastic housekeepers. The ladies were probably the most friendly people we met throughout the weekend. There were some small inconveniences (keys set for one night not two, partying neighbors until 3AM who played with connecting locked door, etc.) but that can happen anywhere. My tip? Make sure to research websites, we found a fantastic deal via Priceline which made up for the high parking rates.

1  Thank chicagarcia