“Bad customer service”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #86 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Superdome for over 25 years and the last stay was horrible. When we arrived the bellman brought a cart to us but when his phone rang he left and we never saw him again and I had to take my own bags to the room. We ordered room service and the tray was there until later the next day. I also left clothes and called them now has been over a week and still no clothes. I am aware the hotel has had major renovations but now the customer service at this upscale hotel is slim to none. Very disappointed in the stay and it was always a pleasure to stay there. Customer service awful!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I’m so sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service; this is an area in which we have made great strides alongside the renovations. Updated training programs have been implemented, and new team members brought on board to raise the bar. I assure you this is not the norm, as you mention you have not had this issue in the past. Our guest feedback is taken to heart and your comments will be utilized to improve the guest experience. Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our property. I hope to retain your loyalty, as we greatly appreciate your business and would love a second chance to exceed your expectations!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The customer service was exceptional! All staff were very kind and professional in appearance and conversation. The room was very clean and spacious with a great view of the downtown city hall area. The hotel is on the trolley line which made traveling very convient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We really had a great experience at the Holiday Inn. Rooms were very nice and up to date. Restaurant dinner menu was excellent, great food! Friendly bar tender and concierge. Easy walk to Canal Street and other sites. Fitness center and outdoor pool and lounge areas were very nice. There were a few things that came up, but were easily and professionally addressed by the staff, such as lack of towels in rooms and room keys that did not work at times. I am not able to give 5 stars due to the terrible checkout experience. I handled the checkout for our group, it took well over 20 minutes to checkout. The desk clerk repeatedly stated she "did not see any charges and "I don't know what arrangements were made." She had me repeat information at least 7 times, never seeking help from any other staff. I was late getting to the airport. Otherwise, great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcie R

Thank you for reviewing our property! I apologize there was a delay with your bill upon departure. We have several new team members that are being meticulously trained to increase guest satisfaction. They are an incredibly motivated group of individuals and eager to learn. However, their drive may have overruled their judgment to seek assistance in this circumstance. Your patience and kind comments regarding the rest of your stay are much appreciated. I’m glad you enjoyed our many amenities and had an exceptional restaurant experience! Please come back and see us again! I’m confident we can host another fabulous girl’s getaway AND make sure you walk away completely satisfied!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel was very nice and came with a helpful staff for arranging transportation to the airport. It's only a short walk to Canal (2 blocks) which will lead you directly to the heart of downtown and Bourbon street. This hotel would be perfect if I was visiting the Superdome. The hotel had an amazing view of downtown and is recently updated. Quiet, relaxing and close enough to the action that you can enjoy your weekend.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a spectacular view of downtown or part of the superdome
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had a great stay at the HOLIDAY INN DOWNTOWN SUPERDOME in NEW ORLEANS, thanks to these two lovely lady KEILA AN GLORIA they are very out going friendly people that will greet you every time they see you no matter how many times. will come back to stay at the hotel these ladys made me feel so good. an the hotel is really great aswell

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years before I retired as a meeting planner, and recently returned to attend a Navy Reunion with my husband. The hotel recently has undergone a complete renovation and the new look is fantastic! Love the decor! The meeting rooms were quite impressive. We stayed in a suite and the room was just gorgeous, and the bed, bedding, and pillows were very comfortable. And the free wi-fi was very much appreciated. Reunion events included a buffet dinner one night, and a plated dinner another night. Food was delicious (and served hot!). The sales manager, along with the banquet manager and her staff, were friendly, efficient, and accommodating to all our needs.

This hotel has a very nice restaurant and bar. Check-in was quick and easy. The hotel staff were great ... loved everything about this hotel! Located 1.5 blocks from Streetcar stop ... easy access to everything great about New Orleans!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Keila was awesome and especially knowledgeable and helpful during our event/stay here at the Holiday Inn!I will say that the catering manager need to have some training on customer service if you would like more events to be held at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013