“Good Choice”

Ranked #77 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Orange County
“Good Choice”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Holiday Inn Downtown-Superdome is a great choice for people wanting to visit downtown New Orleans. It is located a couple blocks from the Superdome and New Orleans Arena, and several blocks from the famous French Quarter, as well as Louis Armstrong park. You are close enough to walk to the attractions of the city, but also far enough away so it is not quite as loud. Service was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were nice and well furnished. The pool is located on a large outdoor patio, and it has a fitness center next to the gym. Not a luxury hotel, but definitely very functional and an overall good choice for staying at.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 November 2013

First off, let me say that as a former business 'road warrier' I've stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the US and Canada. I have to say that this hotel is the BEST experience I've ever had. Why? Because of the staff. The concierge, Cindy was a miracle worker. I visited for a business conference but brought my husband along. We did not do a good job preparing and did not have much time to spend. Cindy took care of planning our stay and I have to say we saw just about everything we came to see in just 2 1/2 days. She also got us an impossible reservation at Emerril's and an AMAZING dinner reservation at Galvez, which had the very best sangria and we sat in a very romantic private booth with breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. And she got us discounts on everything. She is very well connected and knows the city well. She also saved us a ton of money on taxis by teaching us how to use the local street cars. Scott is an amazing bartender who also knows the city well and recommended a fantastic local open mic where my husband got to play guitar with local musicians. Scott worked at Pat Obrien's before they started using a prepared mix and knows how to make you an authentic New Orleans Hurracaine from scratch. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and modern, very Andy Warhol and had a nice balcony view. The restaurant is outstanding. Great food and service. We enjoyed our stay SO MUCH we will return again very soon to see more of NOLA.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As I was walking in, my first opinion was that the lobby is absolutely beautiful and that it is located decently close to the French Quarter(about a 20 minute leisurely walk), which is what we came to see. Unfortunately, my second opinion was that the counter people sure aren't very friendly. Julien, the guy who checked us in, barely spoke to us and had a scowl on his face the whole time. Checking out, the girl who helped us was only slightly more friendly. I don't remember her name. We stayed on the 9th floor, which was very nicely decorated in an Andy Warhol theme. Our room was average size, and the view was great. It overlooked both the pool and the city. Although the rooms are nonsmoking, they do have balconies so my fiancé was able to smoke out there. The room was decently clean, except the giant pube I found on the coverlet. Eww. We paid a little over $200 per night, which I thought was a little steep for just an okay place that far from the French Quarter. Overall, I guess I'm satisfied with where we stayed, but next time I'll probably go somewhere else because I feel I could do better for the money.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Squirlygirl97
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great value, great staff especially Donna at front desk! Location was great ! Walking distance to French Quarter, Superdome, Civic Center etc. Rooms were very spacious, and clean. Would definitely return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Had 3 rooms booked 1 for 4 nights other 2 forb6 nights, no confusion checking in. Had a great time once again staying at this hotel. Staff very helpful and always nice. Love the remodeled lounge and restaurant. Planning on going back again next year and staying here again. Having the streetcar at the next block so easy and convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We originally booked the hotel for just one night, then we added 2 more nights and had to come back and ask for 3 more days after that and at first they could not for they were all booked up but on the day we were to check out the customer service told us that we could stay in the room we were in and could have it for another 3 days. Thank you so much, our stay was amazing. the food in the restaurant was very good. Everyone was very nice. We will come back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 November 2013

In error I made reservations at this hotel for the wrong dates of travel. Unfortunately I did not discover the error until after the date expired for the group discount rate being offered for a set of blocked rooms for my event. I called the hotel and talked to the Manager Karen and my experience was Great! She was sensitive to the my need and agreed to override the system and honor the discounted price for the correct reservation date. So relieved that she had a "Can Do Attitude"!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!