“Can be good”

Ranked #72 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Can be good”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The rooms are very clean and nice. The folks at the desk are accommodating. We have stayed here twice. Both times were before a cruise. The parking lot can be a nightmare. You have to wait in line in a very small area while guests are unloading their cars. I drive a full size pickup and it is hard to get it into the parking garage if you are not in the right lane when approaching it. They have free parking while you are on your cruise. Sometimes the parking lot is too full to find a space. You can walk to Bourbon Street, but it is a bit intimidating to walk past all of the homeless people. The restaurant was terrible. The waitress wanted us to eat the buffet and then charged us an automatic 18% gratuity. We chose to order off of the menu and the service was terrible. We had to refill our own coffee and find condiments off of other tables. The server didn't care because she was getting tipped automatically. We are staying at a different hotel this year.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sherri T
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your room and our team! However, I sincerely apologize you had an unsatisfactory experience in the restaurant. We value your feedback and see this as an opportunity to improve. The F&B Director has been notified of your concerns and has addressed the issues mentioned. I have no doubt if given another chance ALL our staff will exceed your expectations! Please re-consider and visit us once more, you’ll find we take our shortcomings to heart and work diligently to resolve!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belchertown, Ma
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This Hotel was super clean, the staff were very friendly and oh so helpful. A very special shout out to our Bellman Roosevet. Coming here was better than coming home as everyone was genuinely pleased to see you and help you!!! Hotel was in a great location, we did not need or want a rental car. We were able to ride the Hop On Hop Off buses, trolleys, pedicabs, taxis only when we felt too tired or imbibed on Bourbon Street too much. We were minutes from downtown Canal, Bourbon, Royal streets. Unfortunately room service ends at 10:00 pm but there was a local restaurant that delivered to the hotel around 11:30 pm. Hamburger was too die for. We had a great room on the 8th floor so we could walk right out to the 'rooftop' pool. Weather was great last week so we were able to start our day swimming in the pool, how awesome is that???? This trip was planned well over a year ago by me and my gal pal to celebrate our 50th birthdays, this trip was all we thought it would be and then ten times more, thanks to the great staff at Holiday Inn and surrounding neighborhood. We will definitely be coming back to your great city!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely the 8th floor pool side!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Mastic, New York
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn super dome. It was a great location for everything . The rooms and service was excellent. The people were very helpful and friendly. Couldn't picked a better place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Orange County
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Holiday Inn Downtown-Superdome is a great choice for people wanting to visit downtown New Orleans. It is located a couple blocks from the Superdome and New Orleans Arena, and several blocks from the famous French Quarter, as well as Louis Armstrong park. You are close enough to walk to the attractions of the city, but also far enough away so it is not quite as loud. Service was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were nice and well furnished. The pool is located on a large outdoor patio, and it has a fitness center next to the gym. Not a luxury hotel, but definitely very functional and an overall good choice for staying at.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 November 2013

First off, let me say that as a former business 'road warrier' I've stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the US and Canada. I have to say that this hotel is the BEST experience I've ever had. Why? Because of the staff. The concierge, Cindy was a miracle worker. I visited for a business conference but brought my husband along. We did not do a good job preparing and did not have much time to spend. Cindy took care of planning our stay and I have to say we saw just about everything we came to see in just 2 1/2 days. She also got us an impossible reservation at Emerril's and an AMAZING dinner reservation at Galvez, which had the very best sangria and we sat in a very romantic private booth with breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. And she got us discounts on everything. She is very well connected and knows the city well. She also saved us a ton of money on taxis by teaching us how to use the local street cars. Scott is an amazing bartender who also knows the city well and recommended a fantastic local open mic where my husband got to play guitar with local musicians. Scott worked at Pat Obrien's before they started using a prepared mix and knows how to make you an authentic New Orleans Hurracaine from scratch. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and modern, very Andy Warhol and had a nice balcony view. The restaurant is outstanding. Great food and service. We enjoyed our stay SO MUCH we will return again very soon to see more of NOLA.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As I was walking in, my first opinion was that the lobby is absolutely beautiful and that it is located decently close to the French Quarter(about a 20 minute leisurely walk), which is what we came to see. Unfortunately, my second opinion was that the counter people sure aren't very friendly. Julien, the guy who checked us in, barely spoke to us and had a scowl on his face the whole time. Checking out, the girl who helped us was only slightly more friendly. I don't remember her name. We stayed on the 9th floor, which was very nicely decorated in an Andy Warhol theme. Our room was average size, and the view was great. It overlooked both the pool and the city. Although the rooms are nonsmoking, they do have balconies so my fiancé was able to smoke out there. The room was decently clean, except the giant pube I found on the coverlet. Eww. We paid a little over $200 per night, which I thought was a little steep for just an okay place that far from the French Quarter. Overall, I guess I'm satisfied with where we stayed, but next time I'll probably go somewhere else because I feel I could do better for the money.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Squirlygirl97
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!