“Nice decor, nice people, nice location, but...”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #75 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Nice decor, nice people, nice location, but...”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We came through NOLA for just 48 hours and the hotel was a great location to trolleys and Tulane. My only complaint would be the bathroom was not up to standard. awkward placement of toilet, short length faucet, etc... Also, hotel bar and staff were terrific, far better help than the travel assistant in the lobby. They setup my 36 hours of adventures wonderfully, but the food was awful. In a city full of good eats, I was very disappointed and returned my food and set back out.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
We greatly appreciate your critique! The concerns regarding our bathroom fixtures are very helpful as we can consider these changes during future renovations. We are always open to opportunities for improvement. Furthermore, the F&B Director has been made aware of your poor restaurant experience. You are absolutely right considering we’re located in a city bursting with phenomenal food options! Some of the Streetcar Restaurant menus have already been updated and are thriving; however, the F&B staff continues to work diligently on additional progress. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff and the remainder of your stay! We look forward to serving you again in the future and blowing you away with an extraordinary experience!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristow, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights since our team, university of Oklahoma, was playing Alabama in the sugar bowl 2014. The location was excellent. The staff was GREAT! The parking garage is convenient, however, you do pay for that. The downside- the rooms are a little noisy with all the Tulane hospital traffic, (ambulances etc). Also upon arrival, 4:00pm (which is the time of check-in, the rooms were not ready. We rented two rooms and had a reservation for one month. Call me crazy, but, they should of had at least one if our rooms ready. The price was a little steep and parking spots are very close together which made it difficult for us on our SUV.

Stayed January 2014
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and congratulations on the win! The Allstate Sugar Bowl is a very busy time for the city and we welcome the loyal fans! I apologize your room was not ready upon arrival, check-in time is in fact 4pm. Unfortunately, when we are sold out prior to another large arrival day timing is not always on our side. This is no excuse for the disappoint you felt upon arrival and certainly a concern we will focus on for future events. Our fee for parking is very competitive for the area; we have a lower rate, in addition to in and out privileges for no extra cost! This is a standard that comes with visiting a city in which parking is a commodity. We also have the added benefit of parking on location! We take great pride in providing exceptional service and creating a lasting experience for our guests. I hope this incident does not deter you from returning, it sounds like you had a marvelous time supporting your team! Guest feedback is essential to our continuing success, thanks again for giving us the opportunity to improve!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Recently me and my wife stayed at this establishment after booking thru our travel agent and when we first pulled up we noticed the building is a bit out dated its like a pink palace very unattractive, as we come to check in first thing we noticed is the price of parking......$26.88 WOW and they couldn't guarantee that the vehicle was not going to be broken into,so my question is why am I paying $26 dollars if my vehicle is not going to be closely watched.As I walk in my room i noticed the nice paintings on the wall and the nice colors in the room but..........our AC unit didnt work and the AC units look outdated lol. It doesn't match the brand new renovations of the room. So I went downstairs to get my room switched in which we did. The restaurant service was terrible we were waited to be seated for 20 mins......... and the restaurant was not busy at all the front desk agent Alex had to go in the kitchen to get a server... we were determined not to let the service of the hotel ruin our trip and when asked to speak to the General Manager of the hotel and let him know about our service I believe his name is William or Clayton, we were denied and couldn't get a reason of why not by the one of the manager Corine. What kind of establishment will not allow you to speak to the guy in charge ,as if he was hiding or something. And to just put an icing on the cake our last day of checking out, there was an incident in the lobby, where a female guest was basically punched in the face dragged out of the hotel thrown in a car and basically was kidnapped, and found out about the incident on the news that morning. WHERE WAS SECURITY?!? Worst hotel I've been to in my life

Room Tip: A/C units are outdated and Lack of security makes property definitely not worth traveling to
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Howard J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Howard J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kentucky
Reviewed 26 December 2013

First off, I'm laughing at the negative reviews of this place. Close to a hospital, price of parking, 2 blocks from Canal is far, etc...These people need to get out more. Anyway, this is a wonderful hotel, reasonably priced and close to everything. It's a few minutes walk to Superdome, Quarter, Riverwalk, shopping, restaurants, bars, I could go on. The staff was friendly and more than helpful. The heated pool is amazing, and I swam even though it was 50 degrees. Wish they had a hot tub, but I know that pools aren't even common in this area of NOLA. Our room was spotless, modern decor and nice view. Parking is the same and cheaper than at other hotels nearby, but if you must, you can park in a nearby structure for $10 a day. I loved the 24/7 access to our vehicle and honestly find valet annoying. Only slight issue was the restaurant / bar seemed to be open only when they had customers instead of posted times. This was minor as there are TONS of places to eat and drink nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view or high floor. This place has great views!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank catch242
somerville, nj
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Excellent place to stay. Well maintained. Check in was easy. The desk clerk was friendly. The restaurant is excellent.The servers Jasmine Cobbins and Lesha Jackson were excellent and very pleasant. I will certainly return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments! However, I think you mistakenly chose 1 dot over 5 dots! Your feedback certainly does not warrant a low rating. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It’s a testament to our staff that you recognize them by name. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Had a great time in New Orleans and the Holiday Inn made me feel like home...the rooms were nice and Keila made sure our rooms were always fresh.The next time I'm in New Orleans, I know where I'm going to rest.THANK YALL and keep it up

• Stayed December 2013
Chesley, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2013

What a lovely facility. This hotel is only blocks away from The French Quarter. I walked to the French Quarter ever night. There is a gorgeous pool deck on the roof. My room over looked the pool deck and a cathedral building.

The staff was great, I booked a bus tour and suggest everyone take the town bus tour on arrival because they have lots of great site seeing tips. The tour was very inexpensive and the concierge can book it for you.

The room was clean, big and bright with all the amenities for business travel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Prytania Park
#102 of 164 in New Orleans
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!