“Excellent”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #82 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a business visit but also had some free time to wander around. A very nice and well priced hotel within walking distance to great food, bourbon street and magazine street. The hotel itself is very clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. Also the parking is a huge plus if you will have a car

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank rob b
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of the cruise parking package. It's now 3am and the whole family is awake because the street noise is so loud. It's like sleeping on the street ( and the beds are hard enough to help with the illusion). People yelling, horns honking, sirens wailing. We are on the 15th floor in a balcony,who would have thought? We won't be returning.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Jamie O
HI-NewOrleans, hotelstaff at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

I sincerely apologize for the noise you and your family encountered. This is a very busy time of the year for the city and it can be a bit louder than normal due to all of the festivities and celebrations. I'm truly sorry it was an inconvenience during your stay. I hope this incident does not in fact deter you from returning. I have no doubt we can exceed your expectations should you choose to give us another chance!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our basketball team stays here just about every year when we come to town for a tournament. The management staff is always easy to work with when booking our group. The rooms have been recently updated and renovated. The location is close enough to walk to the quarter, but far enough away to keep the noise down when trying to sleep.

Only wish the hotel bar stayed open a bit later, and the restaurant prices weren't so steep!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our rooms were clean and the beds a comfortable place to crash after a day of touring. It is located away from all of the action in the French Quarter, which is where we spent most of our time. We tried the breakfast buffet our first morning. It was 9:45 and the buffett closed at 10. We waited nearly 10 minutes to be acknowledged by any employee, even though we saw at least 3. I went to waitress to ask for a table, and by the time I got her attention two others were willing to help us. I felt as if we were "bothering" them to serve us. There was a small continental bar, some hot pans with eggs, potatoes, grits - all were cold. The "fresh" fruit was not fresh or in season. Very disappointing for $15 per person. We would NOT recommend the hotel's breakfast when you can get wonderful food all over the city. The rooms were nice enough, but next time we will stay closer to the French Quarter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana328
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We greatly value feedback from our guests to improve your experience. Our team takes the service they provide to heart and it’s disappointing we missed the mark during your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues encountered in the restaurant. I assure you they have already been discussed and addressed by the Food & Beverage management staff. I hope this incident does not in fact deter you from returning, given another chance I have no doubt we can exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I booked this hotel for its reasonable price and hoping that, as a Platinum member, I would receive good services based on the reviews here. However, the hotel stops giving out benefits to Platinum members. Instead, only 500 bonus points was awarded (which is basically worth nothing). On my second monring, there was no hot water for shower and the room service we ordered took a whole hour to deliver, with probably the worst omelette I ever had and the entire breakfast was clearly re-heated, even strawberries on the side got softened.

BTW, the room definitely needs some sound proof. Although it was Mardi Gras, not completely their fault I guess.

Disappointed and would not return again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rnhchen

Your business and loyalty as an IHG Rewards member are greatly appreciated. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Unfortunately, we are no longer permitted to offer local extras to rewards members as the IHG standard has been modified. At this time we are able to award 300 welcome points for Gold members and 500 welcome points for Platinum members. Once all the new materials are delivered, Gold and Platinum guests will have the option of points, a bottle of water and trail mix, or a complimentary beverage. Additionally, it’s now easier than ever to move from Club level to elite status! The goal is to have consistency across the brand worldwide. The new program is currently in soft opening and will be launched globally in the spring. This is an exciting culture shift for IHG in which guests will experience the same benefits and exceptional service at every location! I sincerely apologize there was trouble receiving hot water one morning, the Chief Engineer personally addressed this issue the day it occurred. Your comments regarding the restaurant have been shared with the F&B Director and his team as well; they are working diligently to ensure these mishaps are not repeated. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance as we do utilize guest feedback to improve future experiences for all!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was a little hesitant going in, because I would have preferred to stay on Canal St. but it turned out fine. The hotel is a blocks from Canal, and 10-15 minute walk to Bourbon, about 20-30 to the Riverwalk area. There is a Street Car pick up about a block and a half away. If you stay here you can walk to most of the touristy things. We walked to most things. The area the hotel is in is fine, I didn't feel uncomfortable. There are restaurants all around you in walking distance. The hotel itself has a restaurant and bar. I didn't love the breakfast in the restaurant, I felt it was a bit pricey for what you got, but it's convenient.
The decor of the hotel was nice, it seemed clean and the staff was friendly. The room and bathroom size was decent. All the rooms have fridge, microwave and balcony which was nice. My favorite part of the hotel was the rooftop pool, we loved it! It was such a nice set up and the water was warm. It was in the 70s when we were there and we swam a few days. There is also a small exercise room next to the pool which was small but must have been decent because it seemed fairly busy. I had two minor complaints, our balcony door lock was broke we called a couple times and they sent someone right away but it seemed more of a quick fix because it kept breaking. Also a couple mornings there was not much hot water. It wasn't freezing but not up to what it usually was. Other than that no issues. Next time I return it will be a tough call where I will stay. The price here is cheaper than Canal/Bourbon area and I love the pool, but it is nice to be on Canal in the heart of the action. It will be a tough choice.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a poolside room, or maybe request a balcony room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are a fan of loud city traffic noises unfiltered by decent sound proofing, this is the hotel for you.

If you like cold (not even warm) breakfast buffet foods, this is the hotel for you.

If you appreciate being gouged triple the regular room rate at Mardi Gras, this is the hotel for you.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Lee J
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

I’m so sorry you feel this way. The city is unusually loud this time of year due to the festivities and excitement of Mardi Gras. We greatly appreciate guests taking the time to bring issues to our attention so we can improve the guest experience for all. The F&B Director has been notified of your concern regarding the temperature of the buffet and will address it accordingly. Our room rates were akin to the competition. I apologize you felt they were in excess as we have not heard this remark from other guests that stayed for the event. I regret you left unsatisfied, but hope you enjoyed our vibrant city and the spectacular displays of Carnival! Should you choose to return during a different season, please consider giving us a second chance. You’ll find we take great pride in employing guest feedback.